GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Going APR stage 1 tune, TCU tune needed?

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
I did, on 2 R’s, it just made sense to me, increasing clamping force of trans while upping the engine power is just smart. Plus launch control options and it drives better period, no matter what mode you prefer D/S, I am um tuned though and no matter what opinions seem to be about ecu tuning, they are considered the standard at tcu tuning, especially if you want to launch on boost.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
No brainer since you voided your drivetrain warranty anyway, and it could save you from the big expense of replacing your clutchpacks with heavy duty ones. And you do know there are other tunes available for both the ECU and TCU, right?

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
+1 on what all these guys said. I had Stage 1 LO and HO for a time without the TCU tune. I liked my DSG stock but then hated it after the tunes. Go figure. After the TCU, the puzzle was complete and I enjoy driving this thing again. Just give it try! :)

FlyGTI2

Ready to race!
No brainer since you voided your drivetrain warranty anyway, and it could save you from the big expense of replacing your clutchpacks with heavy duty ones. And you do know there are other tunes available for both the ECU and TCU, right?

Haven’t had the tune done yet, tell me your thoughts?

FlyGTI2

Ready to race!
I didn't do mine with the tune, but will in the future. I don't think it's bad and I am sure the TCU tune would help.
The tune company I went with was awesome, actually a little VW museum and comfy recliners.

They asked me to try to the stage I without the ECU tune and if I want it just come back and they’ll do as I prefer.

Last edited:

codered911

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK8
Your #s are off what apr has listed. The torque was over 100lbs I believe.

My bad I was looking at the gti, so I am not sure.

FlyGTI2

Ready to race!
This is APR’s stage 2’s numbers;

APR Stage II - (High Torque) 91 AKI 95 RON 377 HP 403 FT-LBS +96 HP @ 5,050 RPM +122 FT-LBS @ 3,750 RPM