GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine shake?

Welshy GOLF MK6

Passed Driver's Ed
OldschoolMK7, what fuel octane are you using?

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
An aftermarket dogbone mount supposedly increases traction at the expense of increased NVH. If your engine is already shaking and you can feel it in the cabin, I would think it would make it even worse.

This 100%. ^^^^

Welshy GOLF MK6

Passed Driver's Ed
When the engine vibrates at idle, the rev needle does not move at all, so I don't think its the PCV.

Welshy GOLF MK6

Passed Driver's Ed
I had it serviced a few weeks ago and asked the guy to check, he said all is normal. I have 21,000 miles.

Welshy GOLF MK6

Passed Driver's Ed
Had my spark plugs replaced today....engine still shakes.

Welshy GOLF MK6

Passed Driver's Ed
My mate had the VAG com, plugged it into my car and it said no faults/errors.

Just to note: The rev needle does NOT fluctuate.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Fresh plugs always do the trick with mine. You can hear the rough idle more than see it

I also have all three BFI engine/transmission mounts and highly suggest them. They were my first mod when the car was new and I just turned 55,500 miles. Holding up great at stage 2 power but equally important on a stock car for getting power to the ground

MORT HORGAN

Car(s)
VW Golf Mk 7
Hi all,

Firstly, please note that this issue is NOT about the 'fish bite' or 'heart beat'.

Now when the car is at idle (in neutral), I can feel vibrations/slight shudder in the cabin pretty much consistently. It basically has a rough idle.

When I had the engine running at idle, I opened up the bonnet and I can see the whole engine shaking (not aggressively) but you can see it and when I put my hand on it you can feel it.

Does anyone have this symptom? I have done some research on this forum and other forums and it seems normal with these engines if I'm correct?

Please see this video, it's a Golf R but mine (GTI) does the same!
Hi Welshy,

My 2017 plate mk 7 seems to have developed the same issue. Its very noticeable especially when left over night and the engine is cold. You can feel the shutter in the drivers set. It seems to drive away ok but Im wondering if this is normal? No Engine light present. It developed after a 350km drive ? My engine is 1.6tdi. Just wondering if you got this issue resolved ?Any help on this would be very much appreciated.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hi Welshy,

My 2017 plate mk 7 seems to have developed the same issue. Its very noticeable especially when left over night and the engine is cold. You can feel the shutter in the drivers set. It seems to drive away ok but Im wondering if this is normal? No Engine light present. It developed after a 350km drive ? My engine is 1.6tdi. Just wondering if you got this issue resolved ?Any help on this would be very much appreciated.
Motor mounts.

MORT HORGAN

Car(s)
VW Golf Mk 7
Was in the Vw dealership yesterday. They did a forced regeneration and added some injector cleaner but fired her up at lunch after being left cold for 6 hours and same problem again !

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I have a dog bone mount and the only time I notice it is at idle with the AC on. It vibrates at a frequency that hurts my ears.