GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Opinion on value.

peppy2

Ready to race!
Obviously KBB or the dealership does not take the following list in consideration if I planned to trade the car in. I posted this to see if there would any interest in a built 2015 GTI S with the lighting package and 52K on the clock. The car is a daily driver so mileage will increase over time.
So basically, if this was your car, what would you want to get for it with the following mod list? All work has been done by a VW dealership I believe KBB said trade in is around 12K and private party is around 14K.
Also, as a side note. I do still have all the OEM parts boxed up still minus the OEM catback exhaust.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/GgNj69wzLchPG5jF2

Engine:
IS38 turbo
APR TCU tune
APR ECU tune
Denso IKH01-24 Racing Plugs
APR intercooler
APR intake
APR catch can
APR boost tap
APR boost hoses
APR down pipe
Forge intake hose
Neuspeed HI FLO discharge pipe
Neuspeed HI-FLO charge pipe
CTS muffler delete
Neuspeed dogbone insert

Suspension:
Vogtland coilovers-
Neuspeed Front and Rear swaybars
Superpro end links-

Brakes:
Stoptech ST-40 4 piston/355mm 2 piece slotted rotors
Stainless Steel brake lines

Wheels:
Summer set..
Neuspeed RSE10 18x9
Extreme contact DW's 235/40/18
42 Draft Designs 18/10mm spacers for stock wheels

Winter set..
Enkei TY-5 19x8.5
Extreme Contact DWS 235/35/19
42 Draft Designs 5MM spacer

Exhaust:
AWE tuning Touring exhaust/ Chrome tips
AWE Track Test Pipe currently installed

Interior:
3M Crystalline 40% tint on sides and rear 90%
South Bend vent boost gauge-
Euroswitch with rear fog wiring-
Weathertech mats/cargo mat
OEM GTI rear seat cover
Paddle extensions

Exterior:
Gloss Black emblems
Tinted aspherical mirrors
OEM Dark Cherry LED taillights

VCDS Tweaks:
Window up/down
Seatbelt chime delete
Soundakator delete
Windshield washer level indicator delete.

Last edited:

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Some pics would be nice.

I wonder if Ive seen your car around...

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Pretty impressive list of modifications! I don’t know about the exact price but I would say around $17,500?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Similar mod list I got 2.5k over Kbb for my mk6 with 43k on it when it was 2 years old in mint condition.

Mods really add zero value. Start at 3k over or part it out, anything else you won’t even get a phone call unless it’s to make fun of you for asking too much unfortunately

adam1991

Banned
Mods are like swimming pools in houses for sale--if anything, they DEcrease the value. They certainly don't increase the value overall.

If you've modded like that, have you done it right? How have you driven the car? Is it now all used up thanks to the mods and your driving style?

The only way I see them increasing the value is with your friends/family who know you and the car intimately well, and if you've overall taken care of the car well. But strangers? Nah.

This is like buying a used WRX that you don't know anything about--a bad idea all around.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Pretty impressive list of modifications! I don’t know about the exact price but I would say around $17,500?

I agree. $17,500 sounds about right to me.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
you could try selling it as modded and gradually or fully part out if it doesn't sell.

sounds like a nice car, but I'm not in the market :) GLWS

boostin1004

Ready to race!
I'd part it out. If it was my car, I'd feel like 17.5k would be too little and ss a buyer I'd think 17.5k is too high.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
I now know who to ask when I want expert advice.

That’s what I’m her for.... to offer #The Fed “expert” advice whenever he so desires.

pitterchi

Ready to race!
Bottom line, your car is worth whatever someone willing to pay for it. But, technically, your car is worth less than 12k. Mods lower the value of your car.

Personally, I wouldn't buy your car. I don't know you and I would have to trust you or whoever installed your mods knew what they were doing. No thanks.

Modding is a passion, not an investment.

Now that doesn't mean you can't find someone willing to pay you more.

You may find that diamond in the rough..

Posting the car on the forums is probably your best bet because they tend to attract other people who mod. You should also try craigslist since its free but most of those people probably don't care about your APR this or Neuspeed that.

You'll probably get more money putting the stock equip back on and selling the aftermarket parts here.

Best of luck.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Mods don't necessarily lower the value, but they don't add value either. Dealers have offered me stock money for modded cars. You should expect the same. Parting out is usually more trouble than it's worth, I like to move the car on as built. Your build thread is interesting but not a single pic anywhere.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Mods don't necessarily lower the value, but they don't add value either. Dealers have offered me stock money for modded cars. You should expect the same. Parting out is usually more trouble than it's worth, I like to move the car on as built. Your build thread is interesting but not a single pic anywhere.

I would never buy a performance modded car and most dealers would frown on it as they can not give it a warranty when they sell it on as it is modified.