GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spring install in Dallas?

Madsedan

I may end up doing it myself as I have done many of my M3’s over the years but $500+ for a shop to do it is just too much in my opinion, regardless of how its justified.
Anyone with experience local to Dallas looking to make some extra money I’d be down for paying someone to do it. Last time I paid a shop to do a spring install on one of my M3’s was in like 2003 and it took them an hour, charged me $80 lol.

Anyone have a shop recommendation that’ll do it properly for a more reasonable price?

VWTURBOFAM

Ready to race!
I may end up doing it myself as I have done many of my M3’s over the years but $500+ for a shop to do it is just too much in my opinion, regardless of how its justified.
Anyone with experience local to Dallas looking to make some extra money I’d be down for paying someone to do it. Last time I paid a shop to do a spring install on one of my M3’s was in like 2003 and it took them an hour, charged me $80 lol.

Anyone have a shop recommendation that’ll do it properly for a more reasonable price?

U think 500$ is bad, I was quoted 700$ for the job...i was like "I'm asking for an install, not buying a brand new set of full coilovers". I believe the PP is harder to install than a non-pp GTI though.

Tico63

Ready to race!

Hey man, get in contact with the VW community in your area. Someone knows a guy who knows a guy who can hook you up. I live in the Miami area and a friend in the VW group here referred to me to a shop that installed my springs for $150. And the quality of work was great. You may not pay $150, but maybe $250. All these other big name shops don't care about building customer relationships. They just follow no haggle protocol because they deal with mass quantities. The small pop shop will be willing to give you a good deal in order for you to come back for more. But at least $100 a wheel in any regular shop is the standard.

Madsedan

Thanks guys, I used vdubaholics just outside Rockwall, was 5 minutes from my house and VERY reasonably priced. Small shop but nice guys and good work.