GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How long does it take for you to wash your car?

CU GTI

Takes me close to 2 hours including travel time. I use a two bucket method and fill them up prior to driving to a coin wash to use their pressure washer. Then dry it with micofibers and drive home. Once I'm home I'll use a quick detailing spray. I do the body weekly and alternate between doing wheels and interior every other week.

Every few months I'll take my car over to my sister-in-laws house to wash clay and wax. Usually takes 2.5-3 hours. Depends on if they are home and how much space I have in their garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Takes me close to 2 hours including travel time. I use a two bucket method and fill them up prior to driving to a coin wash to use their pressure washer.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your washing the exterior weekly and going to the coin-op-- just buy a pressure washer. It'll pay for itself in no time at all.

vw-ac

Passed Driver's Ed
You guys are quick!

It's been taking me ~4+ hours for the exterior of 2 cars, it's much quicker this way, if I do 1 car it will still take me about 3.5 hours.

Maybe I'm obsessive... :D
Rinse with pressure washer, snow foam, rinse, 2 bucket wash, iron x or wheel cleaner on the wheels and maybe a little iron x on the lower bodywork, hand wash the wheels, rinse, dry/apply wet wax, glass water repellent on the windows, then a little tyre dressing and maybe some rubber/plastic dressing if I can still be bothered after all of this.

By the time I get to the interior, it's a quick Hoover and wipe with some interior all purpose cleaner. However this week I left the interior until the next day so I can do it a little more thouroughly, nothing worse than not being happy with the inside when driving around after a full clean...

And all of that is currently bi-weekly :eek:

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
It takes me about an hour and a half. I just picked up a small Ryobi pressure washer and foam gun, so I'm hoping that helps cut the time a bit...

TroyScherer

Ready to race!

After pulling out my buckets and getting everything setup it really only take me around 30-45 min weather I'm doing a full 2BM wash or a rinse-less wash. For just the exterior.

I have my wheels and paint coated. So that really helps as far a ease of cleaning and speed. I use a MasterBlaster to blow everything dry.

A quick top up with CarPro Hydro2 or Reload is only a few extra minutes once month or less.

I only do the interior once a month or so. Since I keep up on it I can do an interior wipe down in under 15min and I can do a wipe down + protection in under 30min. My normal wipe down is Megs QUID which cleans and protects. For my added protection I use Optimum Protectant Plus and Gyeon Leather Coat.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I might have to get some reload. Seems like I spend the most time applying and buffing coatings. Used to use Wax As You Dry which made the process much quicker, but quickly gummed up my waffle weave drying towel so I don't do it any more.

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
I live in an apartment so I have to do waterless. Spray the car down with a water bottle. Use a bucket of water and waffle weave to wipe the dirt off. Next I use Aero Cosmetics wash & wax and wipe off with a damp MF towel. Clear the streaks with Meguiars Ultimate detailer. Buff with super soft and thick MF towel to remove any haze or streaks. Use remaining water in bucket and brush to clean wheels then use Mequiars Ultimate spray wax to finish wheels. Takes about 1.5 to 2 hours. Car looks awesome when finished.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I live in an apartment so I have to do waterless. Spray the car down with a water bottle. Use a bucket of water and waffle weave to wipe the dirt off.

You don't get scratches like this? If you don't have a hose it's probably a lot safer skip this step. Mist a panel with waterless wash and use the edge of your hand to make one gentle stroke with a plush microfiber. Rotate the microfiber so the edge of your hand is on a new clean area of the towel and make another stroke. When you finish with a panel your microfiber should look like a zebra, many stripes of dirt with none touching. In this way you are never making a new stroke with an area of the towel that has picked up dirt. Use one MF per panel.

When I do a waterless wash I usually go through about 10-12 microfibers.