GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED tails + halogen tail coding question...

thaseint

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
So long story short I need to exchange my left outer LED light that arrived damaged. I will need to ship the light back to the UK for exchange (in in the US). I noticed the crack the next day after I had already done the install and coding the night before.

I'm using the BEC harness which was pretty easy to install, coding was pretty tedious but very easy.

Anyways, would it be possible to just code the Leuchte20BR LA71 which is the channel for the left outer light back to stock, so I could reinstall my halogen outer left tail light without having to uninstall all the lights and re-code everything?

thaseint

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
Have you tried plugging it in without changing the coding? Also, you're going to get pulled over basically every day if you have the tail lights like that.

Ended up doing this, plugged the left light into the original plug, not using the BEC harness for the outer left light. Everything works okay, only difference is the left outer light doesn't blink when using the turn signal, only the inner left blinks. Brake lights work perfectly.

So far so good with regards to the law. One of the fortunate but not so fortunate things about living in the US, specifically Texas is the police won't really hassle you unless you run a light, swerve all over the place or drive like a maniac. We have some pretty janky cars down here, so as long as my brake lights work probably won't have much hassle.

LachlanGordon

Ready to race!
If only the cops down under are nicer, they think they see the most minute thing wrong, they chase you down with a thumpingly loud v8, just to pull you over for the fun of it, then defect the car for anything they can.

Glad the tail light solution worked for you (don't mind the rant)