GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Official MK7 Golf/GTI 1/4 Thread

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!
Congrats to new MQB record, 10.11 @ 142.76 mph.

Where is this info!? That's insane!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Congrats to new MQB record, 10.11 @ 142.76 mph.

Whoa... that's competing with the big boys fast. 9's seem right around the corner with a pass like that.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Ya the Trap speed is insane. Looks like he has work done to his block also aside form the fueling and turbo and they also list prototype parts.

Either way, it's an insane time.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So, is the list just a free-for-all now? I can get a MK7 GTI roller and stuff in a Twin Turbo V6, do a full out build and lay a 150+mph trap to claim the top? I don't really care, just wondering at what point is there a cutoff. Appears to be none just as long as the chassis is Mk7?

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
So, is the list just a free-for-all now? I can get a MK7 GTI roller and stuff in a Twin Turbo V6, do a full out build and lay a 150+mph trap to claim the top? I don't really care, just wondering at what point is there a cutoff. Appears to be none just as long as the chassis is Mk7?

There are defining factors I.E. engine, fuel, etc. You will always be able to tell who is the quickest on an IS38, IS20, etc. I have specified BUILT under engine if it is no longer stock.
The chart is for MQB non-ROW vehicles. There are a few ROW members that would like to be on the chart, however they will be highlighted in a different colour, or I will consider making a non-ROW chart if it is popular enough.
The most impressive time on the chart is still RJ. Untouched motor and stock IS38. It doesn't need to be at the top though just for ego's sake. I think he would tell you the same thing. :)

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Any timing or pricing on engine builds? I know that run was done with everything fully custom (built) for Tyler's car.

I assume it would cost in the ballpark of $20k-30k to build a GTI from stock to that spec with your hardware/software to be profitable.

For instance a MK7 R local to me has a built engine and DSG by Iroz and that cost ~$30k, but it came out with 690awhp/510awtq.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Full update and consolidation with MQB Facebook group.

Pyzon

Ready to race!
No mile high times? Must get down to Bandemere and get my >15 registered (-: