GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AWE Track for Touring swap.

jchang1210

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, for anyone who cares.. I had the Vibrant resonator TIG welded in today. Love the sound, it did exactly what I wanted it to do which was to remove any droning inside the cabin.
Do you mind posting a sound clip? I also want to add a resonator as the conversion kit is too much

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

soflo-nochi

Passed Driver's Ed
Really looking forward to hearing BlueHens review of the touring exhaust. With a USP cat less Downpipe I just got I feel this exhaust upgrade is my best bet to keep things timid and drone free as possible. Let us know BlueHen!

Antonioni fasano

Passed Driver's Ed
Track and DP was too loud for me so I ordered and received the Touring conversion. Just haven't had a chance to install it yet.

When you had the downpipe and the AWE track exhaust did you get any ticket or police stopping you because of the exhaust noise? or if you drive normally it will not call to much attention? I am thinking about going with CTS downpipe and AWE track edition catback however I am afraid I will get a fix it ticket quite easily...

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
When you had the downpipe and the AWE track exhaust did you get any ticket or police stopping you because of the exhaust noise? or if you drive normally it will not call to much attention? I am thinking about going with CTS downpipe and AWE track edition catback however I am afraid I will get a fix it ticket quite easily...
If you're easy on the gas it's not too bad.

Stomp on the loud peddle though and it'll get rowdy real quick.

I just have the track with oem downpipe ATM... But I'll likely get a downpipe and with it a touring conversion kit. The AWE videos seem to rewlly give a good idea of what to expect :cool:

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Really looking forward to hearing BlueHens review of the touring exhaust. With a USP cat less Downpipe I just got I feel this exhaust upgrade is my best bet to keep things timid and drone free as possible. Let us know BlueHen!

Oh crap, I thought I gave thoughts here somewhere. :p

I love the AWE catted dp with AWE Touring cbe after several months driving. It's a much tamer sound than the AWE Track, less NVH in the cabin, but still an exhaust note that is deep and of high quality (a good adjective is escaping me - perhaps "classy") to be very satisfying.

Somebody asked on my YT vid if my dp is catted. I bet it was one of you. Yes, catted.

About the only time I miss the Track exhaust is when going through a tunnel or between buildings or leaving a Civic behind. It was an attention getter, but it's tough to live with on a dd car.

Regarding tickets, I don't think the Track exhaust alone would draw one. Hooning plus the exhaust? For sure.

soflo-nochi

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks Hen. I am coming from a catless Downpipe and vanguard exhaust on a 335i and the drone was intense at times.. just really want to avoid that but need some sound in my life!! Touring exhaust seems like the best way to go.

--2017 MK7 GTI PP Autobahn