GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coming Soon: DIY Interior Dome LED Swap for LED Equipped Cars.

inc55

Go Kart Champion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Let me guess...Deautokey?

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
No, they don't make anything for GTI's already equipped with led lights.

Correct, not yet :)

Let me guess...Deautokey?

Sorry to disappoint :)

But we do have a plug and play front dome/map light LED coming out in a brighter white, red or blue.

The rear domes are an entire housing that cannot be replaced, if you ever have an issue with the lights in the rear you will need to replace the entire housing. The only way to get into this to change would be to solder new LEDs to the board or plugging in a smaller board, we are not sure about this mod but we wonder if it is similar to this:
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15149

We are sub'd and look forward to the DIY here.

Last edited:

inc55

Go Kart Champion
I will try to pop off the rear housing and see what's going on back there. I am almost ready for the DIY. I am just waiting on one item to arrive. Thank you for the link. Now I know how to pop the rear out.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I will try to pop off the rear housing and see what's going on back there. I am almost ready for the DIY. I am just waiting on one item to arrive. Thank you for the link. Now I know how to pop the rear out.

Nice, it is not easy what you are doing so it is going to be a big help for the forum.

If you find out more about the rear we'd like to try to design a diode that matches our front dome (if you are soldering).

Mordecian

What is the title of the video on youtube? Also, do you know where to get replacement front dome lights? Searched all over the internet but I can't seem to find them..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk