GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tinted Windows

bigdave79

Ready to race!
Got mine done today. Didn't want it crazy dark, just wanted decent heat rejection and for the kids to stop complaining about the sun.

My local tint shop came highly recommended and I was going to go for 30% Llumar CTX all around but they suggested the Madico black pearl. Apparently it's a newer version of the black pearl with some infra red protection and better heat rejection than the equivalent CTX but runs darker such that the 45% black pearl is as dark as the 30% CTX. So I went with the 45%.

Also did 80% Llumar airblue on the windscreen. But I'm noticing a one inch Gap at the bottom of the screen which is devoid of any film. Is this normal or should I go back and have them correct it?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Jamie007

Ready to race!
35% Carbon (not sure which brand, worldwide something?)

I've been lurking for a few months on this great site... I figured I'd make my first post a contribution to folks on the fence about window tint. I thought I'd share what a window tint job looks like, without the little windows up front tinted. None of the tint shops in my area would do it, and they said, you wouldn't even notice if they weren't tinted. I figured if I didn't like it, I would remove the A-pillar trim and bring it back... But...they were right. I'm super picky when it comes to my car, and I would have never noticed they aren't tinted. I stayed legal and went 35% all around. However, if I was to do it again, I'd probably do 25%.

Attachments

• 20170525_074353.jpg
    20170525_074353.jpg
    458.8 KB · Views: 2,243
  • 20170525_074336.jpg
    20170525_074336.jpg
    463.1 KB · Views: 2,294
  • 20170525_074343.jpg
    20170525_074343.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 2,297

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I've been lurking for a few months on this great site... I figured I'd make my first post a contribution to folks on the fence about window tint. I thought I'd share what a window tint job looks like, without the little windows up front tinted. None of the tint shops in my area would do it, and they said, you wouldn't even notice if they weren't tinted. I figured if I didn't like it, I would remove the A-pillar trim and bring it back... But...they were right. I'm super picky when it comes to my car, and I would have never noticed they aren't tinted. I stayed legal and went 35% all around. However, if I was to do it again, I'd probably do 25%.

Looks good, i didn't have the small windows tinted either and it never bother me.
Because NY has new tint laws or better yet added to the yearly inspection one can't not pass inspection with anything less than 70%
I took off my front windows tint and had the shop install llumar air 80% on the windshield & front windows and they offered to tint the small windows go figure:) I kept the rear windows tinted since I don't have to do inspection for another year but at least I don't give cops a reason to pull me over all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goosetown

Tinting in Nashville, TN area

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to get windows tinted in Nashville, TN area? I'd like to get the small pillar windows tinted and many shops won't do this work.

nikefans

No Kiss mah Kar!!!
Car(s)
2007 GTi
I got mine done with some Rayno 5, 35%front and 20% back. $220 out the door.

MikeyR44

Go Kart Newbie
I'm looking to do 40% Llumar ceramic on sides and back for $250 from a local shop. With the tint from the factory, 40% will put me at the legal limit for my state which is 35%.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I'm looking to do 40% Llumar ceramic on sides and back for $250 from a local shop. With the tint from the factory, 40% will put me at the legal limit for my state which is 35%.

You guys are lucky with 35% being legal, anywho, spend the extra cash and get your windshield tinted with Llumar air 80, you'll love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTICrazy90

Ready to race!
I was quoted $440 for 3M crystalline.

Anyone put that product on the car? Is it worth the price for heat rejection, keeping in mind I'm in CA.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I was quoted $440 for 3M crystalline.

Anyone put that product on the car? Is it worth the price for heat rejection, keeping in mind I'm in CA.
Where?!

Every place I contacted in Orange County, CA quoted 600+. 440 is very cheap.

I got Crystalline 70/50 on my car regardless, and it's totally worth it despite paying more than what you were quoted.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

GTICrazy90

Ready to race!
Where?!

Every place I contacted in Orange County, CA quoted 600+. 440 is very cheap.

I got Crystalline 70/50 on my car regardless, and it's totally worth it despite paying more than what you were quoted.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I'm thinking 50 all around or potentially 50/40. Do you have a picture of yours?

I contacted places in Ontario since I'm in Chino Hills. This was the cheapest (and it's a cash price, $490 credit card IIRC). It's called Rodz Tint Touch.

Another one in Ontario, Tint Masters, quoted me $485. With another few at $600.