GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New MK7 GTD

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
on another note the general opinion is a map give about 220 bhp and 450 lb torque does anyone have any experience of this ?

It will also void your warranty, as said DTUK box is excellent for what you want as you will get more power and torque plus 21 different engine and gearbox maps to choose from. Bonus is it can be removed for servicing so warranty friendly.

Also Google OBDeleven or do a search on here if you want to modify the electronic side of things.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
called into another dealer today to be told that if i want a better stereo i should have bought a better car
very helpful NOT
on another note the general opinion is a map give about 220 bhp and 450 lb torque does anyone have any experience of this ?

Have you used the'search' facility as there are previous threads with plenty of discussions on experiences of maps for this model.

sturgeon boy

Passed Driver's Ed
went for the DTUK crd3+ box got it on eBay but am now having problems with it it keeps putting the car into limp mode
it brings up the fault codes for
turbocharger boost sensor
fuel rail pressure sensor
and the other turbo charger sensor
i have been emailing DTUK back and forth as when i check the connections it starts working again i can't see any cracks in any plugs or any loose wires
and I've also contacted the seller as the warranty is non transferrable just wondering if anyone else has had any problems or no of any solutions

Drevo

Send it back
Open a return in the resolution centre part of ebay
You'll need to return it singed for post is best but only do this once you get the ball rolling via eBay
Once it's returned contact ebay again for your money back
Then after you've sorted that out buy a new one direct from a reputable dealer

sturgeon boy

Passed Driver's Ed
Is it a new box? Have you tried just using the blanking plug to see if the loom is OK?

Is it going in limp mode in all 3 programs?

I took the box off and it didn't make any difference I have now removed the box and loom to see if any faults appear that way I'll know if it's the car or the box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sturgeon boy

Passed Driver's Ed
If you took the box off and it still was the same then maybe a duff loom or one of the plugs that came with it. Doubt it would be the car, it's too much of a coincidence.

The next fortnight will show if its the car or box hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Should show up straight away. By box only once put my car into limp more and that was messing with the highest setting and giving the car some abuse. Put the blanking plug in, started it and it cleared. Drove a few miles and put the box back on with a sensible map and back to normality.

Good luck anyway.;)

sturgeon boy

Passed Driver's Ed
I've had the box and loom out of my car now for a week and no fault codes or limp mode so i have spoken with the seller who has given me a refund.

hopefully i can get another one without the faults as the difference is amazing over standard.