GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TDI over heating

Bakili

Ready to race!
Hey guys

Was driving in traffic and heard cooling fans kicking in. Thought probably stop start, normal behaviour. Next minute temperature gauge climbing higher and higher. Stopped before it reached to 130c. Checked coolant level, all fine. Let it cool down which actually took very short time. Within 5 minutes temp dropped to bellow 90c. Drove car for few miles and same again reached to 120c.
Managed to get car to garage, no fault codes registered. Mechanic suspects faulty sensor or water pump.
I checked coolant and seems to be fine, not at boiling point. The coolant reservoir didn't seems to be hot, just felt warm. Coolant didn't boiled out when I removed cap.
What it could most likely cause it. Don't want water pump replacement if unnecessary.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

jabba1

Passed Driver's Ed
I haven't long changed from an Octavia to a Golf, so I still trawl the Briskoda forums. The Octavia Mk3, same engines etc, the TDI's have been suffering from overheating to do with the water pump. The flow is governed by a sleeve on the pump, electronically controlled, apparently there is a flaw with the pumps between 13-15 whereby the sleeve sticks and reduces the flow. VW group from 15> fitted a modiifed water pump to resolve this issue. Hope this helps

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/398112-overheating/

Bakili

Ready to race!
I haven't long changed from an Octavia to a Golf, so I still trawl the Briskoda forums. The Octavia Mk3, same engines etc, the TDI's have been suffering from overheating to do with the water pump. The flow is governed by a sleeve on the pump, electronically controlled, apparently there is a flaw with the pumps between 13-15 whereby the sleeve sticks and reduces the flow. VW group from 15> fitted a modiifed water pump to resolve this issue. Hope this helps

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/398112-overheating/
Thank you. Very interesting read. So it's most likely water pump.
Luckily for me it failed after 3.5k miles trip in EU here in UK.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk