GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB: Lowering Springs for my Golf Sportwagen

V I G I L

Hey guys! Looking for lowering springs for my 2017 Golf Sportwagen 1.8 TSI FWD. I'm pretty open to brands. Let me know, I'll be eagerly waiting!
It should be noted the GSW has Independent Rear Suspension and not the Torsion Bar Rear Suspension and it appears (through research) that matters with the springs.

Thanks.

Last edited:

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
I wonder, Do GTI Springs fit this thing?
I assume they are lower but not sure on loading - Weight.

I believe the GSW uses the 50mm strut housing like the 1.8t Golf TSI. If this is the case, then the GTI springs won't fit since it uses 55mm strut housing.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Springs would work, struts would not.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Springs would work, struts would not.

Thanks, that makes sense as the TSI DG springs do fit the GTI. I never realized that most of the other hardware was identical (strut mount, bearing etc.).

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
Gti springs work. I'm putting a set on now. Cheap drop for people who dont to go too low.

V I G I L

Gti springs work. I'm putting a set on now. Cheap drop for people who dont to go too low.
Can you take pictures and update me with the install? I keep hearing different things when it comes to GTI springs in the GSW platform. Of it turns out alright I'd be interested in GTI springs which I see super often here.