GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can bus location?

sc52

Hi,

Installing optical parking sensors, but can't find the canbus..

The wiring loom that comes with the kit has a couple of wires that need to be connected to the canbus, and given the length of them, I'm assuming that what I'm looking for is in the passenger side somewhere.

I've removed the glovebox, but nothing looks obvious, do I need to remove the airbag?

Thanks

2.0Low

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

The wiring loom that comes with the kit has a couple of wires that need to be connected to the canbus, and given the length of them, I'm assuming that what I'm looking for is in the passenger side somewhere.

I've removed the glovebox, but nothing looks obvious, do I need to remove the airbag?

Thanks
Is this any help?

http://www.carsystems.home.pl/marcin/support/VW_Golf_MK7-_PDC_ANG_v10.pdf

I want to do the same one day. Perhaps when my GTI is hibernating during the winter. Has the install been pretty straight forward so far? I've managed to find very little info online.

sc52

Hi,
Yes I found it 30 minutes ago...
There are a few bits online, but a lot of trial and error.
I'll update once everything is installed and tested.
I've also added towbar and dedicated 13 pin electrics at the same time.... whilst the trim is off thought it worth doing both together...
Cheers

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Hi,

Thanks

You do know they're ultrasonic not optical?

@SC52, did you finish this install in the end? Where did you tap into CAN HI and CAN LO? I’m doing a similar install and tapped into what should be the right connections behind the OBD port but it’s not working for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion

Beelz

Passed Driver's Ed
@SC52, did you finish this install in the end? Where did you tap into CAN HI and CAN LO? I’m doing a similar install and tapped into what should be the right connections behind the OBD port but it’s not working for some reason.

Maybe this will help you!

Maybe this will help you!

So this is the back of the OBD port yeah? This is exactly where I tapped into so it should just work. Alas it does not [emoji30]

Beelz

Passed Driver's Ed
There's CAN bus high and low 2, one is for kessey other is regular key

Last edited:

Somnus

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2008 A4
@Bosco Birdswood The problem you are running to is that the OBD2 port only has "Diagnosis CAN" on it.

The parking sensors (I'm assuming an OEM retrofit) need to connect to the Running Gear (Suspension) CAN" which can be gotten to at:

The CAN Gateway by the steering column under the dash
(Connector T20 - Red)
(Pin 8 - Running Gear CAN Low | Pin 18 - Running Gear CAN High)

Or at the TIUL point in the left hand kick panel
(Connector T17m - Brown)
(Pin 3 - Running Gear CAN High | Pin 4 - Running Gear CAN Low)

The Suspension CAN High wire is Orange/Blue and CAN Low is Orange/Brown

Last edited:
@Bosco Birdswood The problem you are running to is that the OBD2 port only has "Diagnosis CAN" on it.

The parking sensors (I'm assuming an OEM retrofit) need to connect to the Running Gear (Suspension) CAN" which can be gotten to at:

The CAN Gateway by the steering column under the dash
(Connector T20 - Red)
(Pin 8 - Running Gear CAN Low | Pin 18 - Running Gear CAN High)

Or at the TIUL point in the left hand kick panel
(Connector T17m - Brown)
(Pin 3 - Running Gear CAN High | Pin 4 - Running Gear CAN Low)

The Suspension CAN High wire is Orange/Blue and CAN Low is Orange/Brown

Perfect, this one did it. Swapped to these wires on the steering column and it’s now working. Thanks very much for your help.

I have noticed that the CANM8 occasionally takes up to a minute to identify the car and turn green on the status LED. No issue with the wiring so maybe it’s either an issue with the box or perhaps the car is slow to send out the required CAN data occasionally?