GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver profile selection - retrofit possible?

Ponchotg

Will check the guide and try it on vcds for the infotainment before going to the dealer, dealers in Mexico are not that retrofit knowledgeable!!

If successful I will let you know and try to add the button!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
vqv....good advice there.....

I have seen various coding in several modules relating to "Driver profile".....but as you rightly state in UK on my car it was factory standard fit...I just added the ESC.....& later the TPMS on the other side....

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
XaGiCo has a guide written in spanish:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6pihEceEMi2N1EyWmZMSlllenc/view?usp=drive_web

I've seen kits on aliexpress that include the 3 buttons and wiring harness.

VW has an official kit. Part number: 5G0 054 809. The instructions are here

It's not entirely clear, but it seems that you might need ODIS to activate the driver profile select. I believe that Golfdave already had driver profile enabled and was only adding an ESC On/Off button. So you might need to have a dealer activate it, after the switch is installed.

Edit: Fixed link to VW instruction manual
I've been contimplating in ordering these parts and attempting to install this on my NAR Golf Wagon. Only problem is, It looks like I'll need the dealer to program the vehicle to recognize the buttons? I have VCDS.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

vanery

Hello everyone.
I have golf 7 1.4tsi 150act Dsg
I bought Driver Profile License (5G0054809) and I coded with odis services (online)
It is give me fail I don't now why!!!

For SWK-relevant DA {DA}, a reference SG/reference ZDC can not be determined

My gateway is 5Q0907530AJ what could be a problem. Can I change my gateway or other modules ???

Thank you

Knutti

Hope you people don't mind me sharing schematics from Elsa.
These will show all pinouts and color codes for Drive selection, Start/Stop and ESP switches

best regards, Knut

Last edited:

Hotwire1

Passed Driver's Ed
XaGiCo has a guide written in spanish:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6pihEceEMi2N1EyWmZMSlllenc/view?usp=drive_web

I've seen kits on aliexpress that include the 3 buttons and wiring harness.

VW has an official kit. Part number: 5G0 054 809. The instructions are here

It's not entirely clear, but it seems that you might need ODIS to activate the driver profile select. I believe that Golfdave already had driver profile enabled and was only adding an ESC On/Off button. So you might need to have a dealer activate it, after the switch is installed.

Edit: Fixed link to VW instruction manual

How did you find the instruction manual? Im looking for the insturctions for part : 5G1 927 137 AA

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!
I suspect that a high line BCM/Gateway will be needed to retrofit the driving profiles feature.
Looking at the guide, I see BCM part number 5Q0937084AE which is a High version.

vanery

I suspect that a high line BCM/Gateway will be needed to retrofit the driving profiles feature.
Looking at the guide, I see BCM part number 5Q0937084AE which is a High version.

my modules and Im take a fail.
(I have a licance and with odis service online)

For SWK-relevant DA {DA}, a reference SG/reference ZDC can not be determined

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
has anyone done that? i tried and the button only turned orange and back to white. why is that happening

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Twincam.222

Hi Guys, this is my first post! Joined to try and figure out how to do this retro-fit to my golf R. Cant understand how someone would have ordered an R and not have driver mode selection on it!!!!

So has anyone been able to do this retro-fit without VW dealer visit? I have the latest version of VCDS and have the kit ordered so hopefully its possible ?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Hi Guys, this is my first post! Joined to try and figure out how to do this retro-fit to my golf R. Cant understand how someone would have ordered an R and not have driver mode selection on it!!!!

So has anyone been able to do this retro-fit without VW dealer visit? I have the latest version of VCDS and have the kit ordered so hopefully its possible ?
from researching a bit i saw that you need two wires going from pin 3 and 6 of the switch connector to the bcm socket c pins 34 and 21 but i did that and did coding with obd eleven which is just one tick but nothing showed up on the screen, couldnt figure out the problem yet

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hotwire1

Passed Driver's Ed
im going to the dealer, even the instructions say that odis fault finding needs to be done to enable the software for the profile selection.

My appointment is on the 9th of feb. I also get a GTI full colour mfd cluster installed.

Twincam.222

I spoke to my local dealer in Ireland...he told me that I can't retrofit the driver mode button because he needs to change a module to do it.

Can this be true??

I just want the driver mode selection because of having economy for long boring drive to work and then being able to give it louder exhaust note...

Surely they can put this on for me??

Can this be true?