GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS meth kit in depth write up with video.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
So I spent the entire day Sunday installing this kit. It was definitely alot of work and having not done it before it took some time to figure out. I figured I'll explain everything that went into incase any is interested.

I've researched meth kits for the last month or so and decided to go with the Burger Motorsports kit as it is a direct addition to the JB4 which I'm already running. Ordering from BMS was smooth and everything showed up pretty fast and with no damage. The kit comes with everything you see here except the Throttle pipe. It includes everything you need to install it. Although I recommend picking up a fuse tap and a alternative way to make your connections other than merrits. I used a special connection kit thanks to a friend as seen below and in the video.

The throttle pipe I got is from Spulen. The reason for changing it is because the OEM one is plastic and does not have a meth bung, so you either have to go with an aftermarket one with a bung already in place which I recommend or tap into the OEM Plastic pipe somehow. I picked mine up used from a seller online for a good price. It was fairly easy to install.

Now you can either use a separate tank or your washer fluid tank by tapping into. I decided to use my washer tank and have everything placed in the engine bay in front of the firewall. You need to then decided on a spot for the meth pump. I decided to place mine here. It's now using a hose clamp instead is zip ties and I'm fabricating a bracket to hold it better shortly. The solenoid is mounted down below as seen in the video.

I ordered the proper tank tap from devil's own but it didn't show up in time so I used a rubber grommet that's was 1/4inch and some sealant to tap into the bottom of my washer tank. It's not going to leak any time soon but I'll install the tank tap when it gets here. This is what I'm talking about. So the nylon 1/4 inch tubing goes like this tank- pump in - pump out - solenoid - injection nozzle to throttle pipe. Pretty straight forward.

http://www.alcohol-injection.com/en/push-to-connect/274-filtered-self-sealing-tank-tap.html

Once you have your tank tapped, solenoid and pump mocked up you can start the wiring. It's pretty straight forward. Just follow the instructions.

You then can fill up your tank and start priming. Deciding on what meth mixture to run isnt hard. It all depends on what you want. I'd say running 100% meth isn't necessary based in the research I've done and the risks. I'm running either boost juice which is 49% meth and 51% distilled water or turbo power washer fluid that's anywhere from 45%-49% meth. If you want to mix your own you can do that too. It's by wieght not volume. If you do use washer fluid it has to be all season rated for -30c or below and blue. Check the meth levels onlime if you can.

Then you are pretty much set to start priming the system. Leave the injection nozzle disconnected from the he throttle pipe so you can make sure sits spraying. Hook up your computer to the JB4 and go to meth settings. At the top right corner you can see a purge button. Press that a few times and it will turn the pump on forcing out all the air and prime the system to be connected. If that sprays you can hook everything up and start logging with the jb4.

Now this is the most important part. You want to make sure the meth is flowing properly and to do that you need to log. Get in contact with George at BMS and he will help you. I'll explain a little bit about how my logging is going so far.

So first thing is you want to go into your meth settings using the jb4 program and set the PSI value to 12 and signal scaling to 60. Then change the map setting to 6. That's it for now. Hook it up and go do some pulls. George told me he needs 3rd and 4th gear runs through the entire RPM range to get accurate results. I could only go so fast but for some good 3rd gear runs. You're basically mimicking a dyno. Start as low as you can in the RPM range and go WOT till almost redline. Here are a few examples. I have a few more I can show after but you can see the meth is working here. The teal blue line should be pegged at the top like shown. That's what a good meth flow looks like.

So I've been back and fourth with George and this is how far I've got myself. I'm now increasing +1 psi starting at 4000RPM until redline and will log that to see how it goes. He says my timing is very high and the car must be pulling nicely. Which is certainly does. I'm still learning all the ins and outs of reading these logs so I'm not going to pretend I know exactly how it all works. That is what makes the JB4 so good though, customer support from George is top notch. Once I get these logs done I'll update.

Here is a video covering the entire install. Check it out.

https://youtu.be/jXbq8Hh5eVc

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

PureWhiteMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Mk7 Gti jb4 stack

Hey man! Saw your write up and it looks good dude! I wanted to see if you can help me or with my setup at all! My phone number is 9703017469 shoot me a text if you can dude or if you want to add me on facebook it's junior Quezada. I just have a couple questions about my logs and my install dude.

jmal2005

Ready to race!
Stupid question but since you've tapped into your washer fluid tank are your windshield wipers still functional?

jmal2005

Ready to race!
If it is.... is it bad to wash your windshield with boost juice? LOL

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Washer fluid already has methanol in it to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk