GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review of CTS turbo mounts wanted

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
I also used a floor jack and block of wood. All you're doing is supporting the engine (or trans) while you swap mounts. No need for anything more or less

This

Aphron

CW :)!
Do these mounts stop the low speed rubberband effect in traffic? Say going 10 mph in first then let off throttle, as it coasts down to 7-6 it pulls forward then backward etc until you either give light throttle or throw clutch in.. absurdly annoying. Seems like the engine is rocking back and forth so wondering if this would stop that and make it smoother if anyone has known, thanks!

Edit: I'm completely stock but have 034 dogbone insert ( 6mt )

BooTheBear

Passed Driver's Ed
I have these. NVH is next to miserable on first install. After a few weeks it isn't all that bad but small parts of my interior do shake. No wheel hop. Letting off accelerator slop problem in first is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
I have these. NVH is next to miserable on first install. After a few weeks it isn't all that bad but small parts of my interior do shake. No wheel hop. Letting off accelerator slop problem in first is gone.

So would you recommend them? My NVH went way up after installing a Neuspeed dog bone insert, but after about a week of use it is quieting down a lot and now it's pretty tolerable. I don't have interior parts shaking though. These are supposed to be the streetable mounts.....

BooTheBear

Passed Driver's Ed
Everyday I think about taking them off... it's loud when in low rpms. It's a drastic increase from stock.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Everyday I think about taking them off... it's loud when in low rpms. It's a drastic increase from stock.

More detail needed. Total mods, time used, brand etc. stage 1 or 2

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
I just got these installed after testing them out in my mechanic's GTI. Him and I both have the HPA dog bone mount so it was a pretty fair comparison in terms of added NVH.

The only major differences other than that are he had RSS+ coil overs and is DSG where I'm stock suspension and 6MT.

To be completely honest, I didn't feel any perceptible different in vibration or harshness when I drove his car, and chose to get them installed in mine.

After installing mine I was prepared for a bunch more NVH despite the test drive and was surprised that it was as smooth as it was before with only maybe minimal added noise coming from the SMFW/transmission (I really strained to hear a difference so it probably was always there).

It's quite possible that since I am running HPA's MQB tune they adjusted the idle RPM high enough to keep it out of the bad vibration zone but I'm super happy with it so far. It really tightened up the engine motion, as advertised.

I'd also done a thorough sweep of the cabin to isolate and fix rattles (the arm rest trap door is the worst) when I got my downpipe last year and this didn't create any new ones either.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I just got these installed after testing them out in my mechanic's GTI. Him and I both have the HPA dog bone mount so it was a pretty fair comparison in terms of added NVH.

The only major differences other than that are he had RSS+ coil overs and is DSG where I'm stock suspension and 6MT.

To be completely honest, I didn't feel any perceptible different in vibration or harshness when I drove his car, and chose to get them installed in mine.

After installing mine I was prepared for a bunch more NVH despite the test drive and was surprised that it was as smooth as it was before with only maybe minimal added noise coming from the SMFW/transmission (I really strained to hear a difference so it probably was always there).

It's quite possible that since I am running HPA's MQB tune they adjusted the idle RPM high enough to keep it out of the bad vibration zone but I'm super happy with it so far. It really tightened up the engine motion, as advertised.

I'd also done a thorough sweep of the cabin to isolate and fix rattles (the arm rest trap door is the worst) when I got my downpipe last year and this didn't create any new ones either.

To be fair, Darryl (from HPA) told me that they designed the dogbone kit to work and fix the slop of our cars even on stock mounts.

I too had planned on the HPA kit and CTS mounts, but your review just saved me money!

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
I have the CTS dog bone mount. Solved the engine rocking/thud issues. Checked it after 5k miles zero bend.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
To be fair, Darryl (from HPA) told me that they designed the dogbone kit to work and fix the slop of our cars even on stock mounts.

I too had planned on the HPA kit and CTS mounts, but your review just saved me money!

Darryl's a great guy, love dropping in and talking to the whole crew! :)

Their dog bone kit did solve the majority of the engine motion/slop and I love it, but there was this last bit on throttle lift, engaging clutch and hitting the gas hard which I wanted to entirely eliminate.

I was able to get the CTS engine/transmission mounts at a really good price locally so I pulled the trigger and couldn't be happier.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I have the CTS dog bone mount. Solved the engine rocking/thud issues. Checked it after 5k miles zero bend.

Had the CTS one too on my Stage 2 Mk7 GTI. It was great until I started feeling a slight vibration from the steering wheel during certain launch conditions. Thought it might’ve broken but never checked coz I traded up for an R :)

Just keep that in mind since your more than stock, so it may happen. Prolly getting the motor/tranny mounts will mitigate that down the road.

EShadowbrook

Passed Driver's Ed
034 Motor and Transmission mounts installed last night to go along with the 034 dogbone insert. These are basically the exact same as the CTS mounts. It really makes a noticeable difference. Super happy. Zero increase in NVH. It's insane how soft the stock motor mounts are. I could practically pull the rubber insert out of the mount by just flexing it with my hands.