GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adaptive Cruise

GLFR

First post here as I have done lots of reading on this forum.

Currently have a black 2017 R with DSG. APR stage 1.

My R has spent quality time with the tech's as I have had adaptive cruise sensor re-aligned then replaced as the original unit went bad. Installed new sensor only to have to take the car back for a new alignment of the sensor.

It would be nice if VW would allow for just the cruise to work by itself.

Hats off to the dealer as they have been very diligent in getting this repaired.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Mine has been popping up with a fault saying incorrect databus message or something like that. Happens once every few days and causes "ACC not available" message on dash for 10 seconds and then starts working properly again like nothing happened.

First time i mentioned it to dealer they said it was probably a one-off error and they reset the fault and sent me on my way. Happened again (on the drive home) and they said they want me to leave my car for a week so they can investigate it. Giving me a loaner but still annoying to be in a base Jetta when i paid for an R.

Also get intermittent lane assist faults.

When it works the system is incredible but i have a feeling once warranty expires i'm not sure how long it'll last if at all. Kind of nervous.

GLFR

In short, this is how mine started ...

I could be traveling down the highway with cruise on and no cars in front of me ... for whatever reason the car would brake and slow down much like a car was in front of me ... there were times when a message showed much like you stated that ACC not available ... after a few of those the system finally came to a point where the cruise did not work at all ...

Mine has been popping up with a fault saying incorrect databus message or something like that. Happens once every few days and causes "ACC not available" message on dash for 10 seconds and then starts working properly again like nothing happened.

First time i mentioned it to dealer they said it was probably a one-off error and they reset the fault and sent me on my way. Happened again (on the drive home) and they said they want me to leave my car for a week so they can investigate it. Giving me a loaner but still annoying to be in a base Jetta when i paid for an R.

When it works the system is incredible but i have a feeling once warranty expires i'm not sure how long it'll last if at all. Kind of nervous.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
In short, this is how mine started ...

I could be traveling down the highway with cruise on and no cars in front of me ... for whatever reason the car would brake and slow down much like a car was in front of me ... there were times when a message showed much like you stated that ACC not available ... after a few of those the system finally came to a point where the cruise did not work at all ...
Does anyone not have any issues with the drivers assistance package?

These kinda issues scare me away from the deal.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
First post here as I have done lots of reading on this forum.

Currently have a black 2017 R with DSG. APR stage 1.

My R has spent quality time with the tech's as I have had adaptive cruise sensor re-aligned then replaced as the original unit went bad. Installed new sensor only to have to take the car back for a new alignment of the sensor.

It would be nice if VW would allow for just the cruise to work by itself.

Hats off to the dealer as they have been very diligent in getting this repaired.

Didn't they align the new sensor after they installed it? It's part of the process. Why did you need to take it back?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule

Lane Assist works off the camera so if you have errors for both the ACC and Lane Assist it's either a faulty common sensor or the driver assist module or wiring. I had a DAP fault where all the features failed and it turned out to be a simple wheel speed sensor. VCDS pinpointed it with a scan. The problem with dealers is if the GFF doesn't find the problem, and the mechanic isn't very knowledgeable they just clear the fault and send you on your way. They need to know how every sensor and module interacts with each other and not rely exclusively on the GFF.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Seems there are less issues with 2016's. My assist features work fine. You might want to enable the Adaptive Lane Tracking feature. Lane Assist by itself sucks.

GLFR

According to the tech at the dealer he did realign new sensor. But for whatever reason the new sensor had to be realigned again. Tech stated after he set everything up .... he could not believe the sensor was not reading because it was only a fraction out of alignment if any ...

We will see going forward ...

Didn't they align the new sensor after they installed it? It's part of the process. Why did you need to take it back?

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Lane Assist works off the camera so if you have errors for both the ACC and Lane Assist it's either a faulty common sensor or the driver assist module or wiring. I had a DAP fault where all the features failed and it turned out to be a simple wheel speed sensor. VCDS pinpointed it with a scan. The problem with dealers is if the GFF doesn't find the problem, and the mechanic isn't very knowledgeable they just clear the fault and send you on your way. They need to know how every sensor and module interacts with each other and not rely exclusively on the GFF.

Yeah the fact that it's multiple systems having intermittent problems leads me to believe its the module is faulty or as you said a shared sensor is causing problems.

Dropping it off on Wednesday and they're giving me a rental while they sort it out, hopefully it comes back working. :(

lokerola

Ready to race!
Mine went out of alignment at about 2000 miles (give or take). Had to have it re-aligned at the dealer. Pain in the a@@ that you can't turn off the radar and use cruise without it, like good old fashioned dumb cruise control. It took them 4 hours to do the alignment. Once the car is out of warranty, I'm not paying 100's of dollars to align the radar. I guess I'll just leave CC disabled if that ever happens.