GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Delete

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Just bled my stock fluid with the last of my super blue. Took about a half bottle to do all 4.

You mean a liter bottle right

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
When my brakes were blead they used like maybe 600ml. One full bottle and my other one is like 80% full

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

alper

Ready to race!
So what is the needed quantity for a brake fluid change? I see both 1L and 1.5L values being mentioned. RBF600 comes in 0.5L bottles so it's either 2 or 3 of them. I see some posts/threads here mentioning little less than 1L but some YT tutorials go with 3 bottles 1.5L. Then the pdf in this link above shows 1.2L so i don't see how it would be possible to do the job with 1L fluid as some said.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
So what is the needed quantity for a brake fluid change? I see both 1L and 1.5L values being mentioned. RBF600 comes in 0.5L bottles so it's either 2 or 3 of them. I see some posts/threads here mentioning little less than 1L but some YT tutorials go with 3 bottles 1.5L. Then the pdf in this link above shows 1.2L so i don't see how it would be possible to do the job with 1L fluid as some said.
I've had it changed using 1 500ml.bottle before

alper

Ready to race!
I've had it changed using 1 500ml.bottle before

I thought 2 bottles was at the limit but just 1 definitely seems weird, values can't be so random. I can only assume there must have been old fluid left in the system if you only used one bottle? Otherwise it means you (in fact: the others) waste an entire 0.5L bottle just to force the old fluid out.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I thought 2 bottles was at the limit but just 1 definitely seems weird, values can't be so random. I can only assume there must have been old fluid left in the system if you only used one bottle? Otherwise it means you (in fact: the others) waste an entire 0.5L bottle just to force the old fluid out.
This was when I went from oem fluid to motul

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
I'll add that i didn't bleed the abs when I used the one bottle. I went from stock to blue, and waited for the color change.

Re-bled recently, with type 200, and it took a good deal more to go from blue to yellow. Forgot the abs again, so I still need to do that.

I'd say have two bottles on hand for a complete flush. Also, suck out what's in the res to make sure you're not just flushing old fluid through the lines. Use a syringe and some tubing or a turkey baster type thing.

I used a power bleeder to do mine too. At 10psi.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk