GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS20 Revision Number

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
I think most of the earlier ones had issues and they got progressively better. When I was looking at it about a year ago it seemed that pretty much anything with a 722 was good, but still always aim for the newest possible. Gawernator is pretty much right though, the way I understand that they failed is because of compressor surge at low-mid RPM, and our engines can't really do that to the IS20 because they're smaller.

BoomGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI

Any of these that I circled would be safeish bets.. there is a newer revision not listed in that thread. Either way *most* gti owners who remove the is20 had it previously tuned, so you never really know what you’re gonna get.

Skip54

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the information everybody. I appreciate it.

Any of these that I circled would be safeish bets.. there is a newer revision not listed in that thread. Either way *most* gti owners who remove the is20 had it previously tuned, so you never really know what you’re gonna get.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
I would get the newest version but my car was build in 2014 and the turbo is working like a champ, I guess you never know...
Send it to rebalance for peace of mind and have fun!

Gro Harlem

Ready to race!
My understanding is 702K is the oldest revision in USDM GTI's and had some problems. It was replaced with 702R which still had some problems so they used 722G then 722K. I've never seen anyone selling a 722L so that might be the spanking-newest rev. I've never heard of any issues on the 722G or 722K's though.

m3lonbr3ad

Ready to race!
My understanding is 702K is the oldest revision in USDM GTI's and had some problems. It was replaced with 702R which still had some problems so they used 722G then 722K. I've never seen anyone selling a 722L so that might be the spanking-newest rev. I've never heard of any issues on the 722G or 722K's though.

FWIW: I have a 722L that I bought from someone that said it came from their '17 GTI.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie

I just got a 702T for a steal. So they are out there as well

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
FWIW: I have a 722L that I bought from someone that said it came from their '17 GTI.

Same here. Got an L, a brand new takeoff with 500 miles, for $399. Owner bought a ‘17 GTI Sport and went bigger turbo right away.

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
Looking at buying a used one with revision number 06k145874L. Is that new or old. Don’t even see it on OP’s list.

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
That is one of the newest ones, I have one on my 2018 Euro facelift GTI(DLBA engine).

Sweet. Just picked one up [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk