GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

alpine infotainment system navigation system 9inch integration

Ready to race!
this unit integrates all the stock controls on this head unit.
makes it work better than stock but look stock.
plug and play. kit is complete.

http://www.alpine.dk/p/Products/SingleView/X901D-G7

https://youtu.be/BQHBkfLGxFE

there is an official alpine dealership close to where i live. the shop did the subwoofer box for me, and htey quoted me a price of 1600 euros for the alpine, im not sure if i want to pull the trigger on it yet, but i can tell you using aftermarket subs and amp on the oem head unit sucks. a lot of frequencies missing from the music.

pioneer also has one, its a smaller screen, more like the one our oem has, and it appears to be almost the same as the nex series. if this is true and it runs on nex software, it can be hacked. if you go to avic411.com (net?) you will find a lot of threads in which people hack the nex systems and install their own maps or what have you. i had the 8100 in my focus st and hacked it to run european maps. it was a bit of a pain in the ass but it worked flawlessly.

http://www.pioneer-car.eu/de/de/navgateevo

their trim is ugly though. one aggrivating thisn is none of these damn companies have trim to match the gti. wtf, theres tons of gti and gtd golfs here so why the hell not.

jbrown

Reviving an old thread ... has anyone ever installed an Alpine X910D-G7 in a Golf Mk7 in the US? They're on eBay for about $1,700 out of Europe and I'm interested to try one if it will actually work.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Reviving an old thread ... has anyone ever installed an Alpine X910D-G7 in a Golf Mk7 in the US? They're on eBay for about $1,700 out of Europe and I'm interested to try one if it will actually work.

Navigation might work with the unit. I don't think that the radio would work however since Europe uses different frequencies for their OTA radio stations.

sturgeon boy

Passed Driver's Ed
my local dealer has this for £1250 fitted and you dont need to buy the box in the glove box as dvds etc can just be put onto a usb stick.

quality_sound

hmm.......
Car(s)
'21 GTI S DSG
Navigation might work with the unit. I don't think that the radio would work however since Europe uses different frequencies for their OTA radio stations.

The radio will work fine. Europe uses the same band but they use the hundredths instead of just the tenths. We'd use 107.9 and they'd have 107.90 and 107.95 available. You'd have more of an issue with the navigation since you won't have the North American maps loaded and I'm sure Alpine NA will tell you they can't sell you any. Also, you won't have satellite radio because it's only available in North America.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
The radio will work fine. Europe uses the same band but they use the hundredths instead of just the tenths. We'd use 107.9 and they'd have 107.90 and 107.95 available. You'd have more of an issue with the navigation since you won't have the North American maps loaded and I'm sure Alpine NA will tell you they can't sell you any. Also, you won't have satellite radio because it's only available in North America.

I must be thinking of Japan then. I remember somewhere the frequencies were different from the US market thought it was European market. Does Europe have HD radio?

i contacted alpine about the maps, and they will sell them to us. the only real issue is someone with a north american gti installing this unit and seeing if it functions properly.