GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Radio defaults back to 87.7 FM

o-iii1

Ready to race!
Had this happen a few times now. I believe it does not happen if I leave the radio on and shut off the car, but if I turn the radio off before shutting off the car, after the next start up I turn the radio on and it defaults back to 87.7. This has been reported on VWvortex but I wonder if others on this forum are experiencing the same thing and if anyone has found a fix.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
I don't ever listen to FM but I did notice once that all the presets I had set disappeared and generic stations had taken their place.

foggy17352

Car(s)
2015 Golf TDI
I have this same issue, but on AM which I listen to more often. Defaults back to AM 530 even though I turned off the car with the radio on. It is intermittent, but most often occurs when I turn the car off for only a few minutes, such as when fuelling up. Haven't taken it in to VW yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canadaeh

Yeah i get the same thing. I listen to 580am, turn the car off, when i come back and turn the car on. The radio is on 530am, which is nothing but static.

wiszmaster

I only come across this when listening to HD channels - at least I haven't noticed on the non-HD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirFM

Had this problem after fueling. I'm trying to replicate the circumstances. Seems to happen if you turn off the engine for a brief period.

alan h

Ready to race!
Morning All,
Believe this is the problem i am having at the moment. stations are on DAB driving listening to radio1 for example park up turn car ignition off. Now when i get back in the car and switch the radio back on it always used to load up the last station i was listening too except now it loads up some other station every time no matter if i change it and turn the ignition off again?