GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents MK7 GTI Roll-Control Stabilizer Bars

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI

Product Page

APR Roll-Control Stabilizer Bars are designed to improve corner handling without diminishing ride quality. This simple, yet effective upgrade reduces cornering load differentials between your vehicle’s inner and outer wheels during corning. In doing so they improve the vehicle’s under and oversteer balance, giving the vehicle greater stability and control, with increased grip. Each bar is manufactured using the latest high-end techniques to offer a strong, weldless design capable of withstanding harsh track conditions.

Front and rear bars are sold separately, but are designed for use together. Rear bars include a new set of poly bushings to further reduce undesirable suspension flex. Front bars also include new bushings, as well as new mounting brackets with hardware, and billet spacers. Lastly, where applicable, some bars offer further fine-tuning through the addition of multiple suspension pickup-points.

Front

1-1/8" weight-saving hollow design with two pickup points.

Rear

1" weight-saving hollow design with one pickup point.

Rear - SUS00005 - $249.99
Front - SUS00006 - $249.99

Product Page

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
So 25.4mm rear and 28.2mm front for comparison purposes.

Out of curiosity, why is the rear non-adjustable?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
If you can, take a look at how your factory bar is angled on the MK7 GTI. It’s not like most other platforms. Because of the way it’s angled, an adjustment hole doesn’t give you the leverage advantage typical with bars mounted a different way. Because of that, the GTI bar only has 1 hole, whereas the Golf R bar, which is mounted differently from the factory, has 2.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Adjustable ones are not that common for the GTI rear bar. I think SuperPro(?) Emmanuel and 034 have rear adjustable one. 034 being the stiffest I think.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Adjustable ones are not that common for the GTI rear bar. I think SuperPro(?) Emmanuel and 034 have rear adjustable one. 034 being the stiffest I think.

yes superpro rear is adjustable. Eurocode also. Edit: Whiteline too.

Glad APR is going after suspension. [emoji106]

Arin, we need affordable, externally adjustable rear shocks. [emoji1]

Last edited:

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
yes superpro rear is adjustable. Eurocode also. Edit: Whiteline too.

Glad APR is going after suspension. [emoji106]

Arin, we need affordable, externally adjustable rear shocks. [emoji1]

Koni

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Off the shelf Koni Sport is not externally adjustable...you need to remove them, compressed fully, turn the rod to change setting.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Off the shelf Koni Sport is not externally adjustable...you need to remove them, compressed fully, turn the rod to change setting.

Don't they make externally adjustable race shocks? Lol

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I've reached out to Koni directly on this. They say no. They mentioned that they prototyped a version for an autocrosser but feedback was the adjustment process was still too cumbersome.

T C Kline makes double adjustable Konis but one adjuster appears to be at the top of the shaft which suggests access from inside the car. They're valved for motorsports and cost $500 each.

IMO it's a gap in product offerings that would be of interest from the VW community - DDs and autocrossers.

AR11

Ready to race!
What's with the front bracket -- is it intended to function like a spacer? For bar clearance or correction of bar angle relative to links?

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie

I've reached out to Koni directly on this. They say no. They mentioned that they prototyped a version for an autocrosser but feedback was the adjustment process was still too cumbersome.

T C Kline makes double adjustable Konis but one adjuster appears to be at the top of the shaft which suggests access from inside the car. They're valved for motorsports and cost $500 each.

IMO it's a gap in product offerings that would be of interest from the VW community - DDs and autocrossers.

Its dependent heavily on how they do the valving. Koni typically does rebound adjustment on the piston and compression adjustment from the base valve(because they are mostly twin-tubes, aside from Corvette stuff). So the rebound adjuster if they are external has to be up top, and compression is on the bottom. I've heard Bilstein can convert B6s to adjustable shocks if you pay them enough, and since they run inverted monotube both would be on the bottom. But I have not look into how much they are.

I have external adjustable Koni built by ProParts USA(True Choice and Koni themselves will do this too), it is converted from off the shelf version by swapping the guts with another model of Koni, the rod size is bigger. Only single way(rebound) adjustable but you get the normal Koni tab/knob on top of the rod. Its not the easiest thing to access but it can be done. I cut away a corner of my rear fender liners to get there(passenger side the evap cannister is still kinda in the way. I made a tool from a gear wrench and a Koni tool so I can get to it. They will make Dual Adjustable one too, but I have no need for the rear so I didn't go with that. Not exactly cheap though.

Cutting sheet metal to get to it from the interior will be a lot of work because the way the rear shock mount is mounted on the unibody.