GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HELIX Soundbox (Like) Upgrade Option for Golf TSI.

Bakili

Ready to race!
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums.

Just bought my Golf Estate(2015). Very happy with it. Anyway, interested in getting the Plug and Play helix sound upgrade. Spoke with my local dealer today, 400€ for sub and around 90€ for installation.

Is it worth it for 500€?
I have this kit in my 2014 estate and yes it is worth it. Installation price is really good. You need to try it in car which has kit already installed and after make decision of parting with €500. My kit cost me £280 and self install. You can definitely tell there is sub in boot and sound quality is improved especially after programming it with dongle

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

kave2

I have this kit in my 2014 estate and yes it is worth it. Installation price is really good. You need to try it in car which has kit already installed and after make decision of parting with €500. My kit cost me £280 and self install. You can definitely tell there is sub in boot and sound quality is improved especially after programming it with dongle

Unfortunately there is no possibility of trying out. That's a very good price you got. I was looking for it somewhere else, but no luck. There is the shop in USA, but I live in Ireland, so I would get hit by customs so the price would be the same as from my local dealer.

Bakili

Ready to race!
Unfortunately there is no possibility of trying out. That's a very good price you got. I was looking for it somewhere else, but no luck. There is the shop in USA, but I live in Ireland, so I would get hit by customs so the price would be the same as from my local dealer.
I just checked my ebay invoice and actully paid £180 not £280.
Sent you pm with link where to buy for reasonable price in UK.

copperbricks

Ready to race!
Does anyone know if there's enough room to do this in the trunk of a Golf R? I know it has a bit less space than the regular Golfs due to 4motion.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Does anyone know if there's enough room to do this in the trunk of a Golf R? I know it has a bit less space than the regular Golfs due to 4motion.

I've seen the helix subwoofer in a Golf R and I know it fits just fine with the rear cargo shelf in the upper position.

Here's the thread on vw vortex that discusses this very question (a few good pictures on posts 31 and I think ~45)
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7251981-Helix-Subwoofer-and-Golf-R