GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR 1.8T ECU, TCU, IS20, IS38 Upgrades - Up to 350+ HP Now Available!

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Lol. Go for it. I just had a house fire so it can't get any worse looking. [emoji16]but if you had 4mo, you could do real donuts. Lol just saying. [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn! Rubbing salt into the wound.

Ha!

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
There is an lsd for our cars. The mk6 Wavetrac lsd works in mk7. This is based on what I've read, so would definitely confirm.

That being said, no reason not to g 225-245, with 235 being a happy medium. 235 tend to be harder to find and slightly more expensive than other 2 sizes.

I think 300hp is perfectly reasonable in this car. By no means overwhelms wider tires.
I'm just APR stage 1 (never dynoed but probably around 240) and rarely lose traction in 1st whereas with stock tires, 2nd would be spinning.

It's just night and day from stock and that's a far cry from these guys with ~300.

You will love it. Especially only 2 lane roads where passing areas are few.
thanks. Saw a thread on the mk6 lsd working for the manual mk7. Will kick it around.

tire wise, autox classing keeps me in 205 or less. at least for events. running that way keeps tire costs down, a lot.

obviously some of you are willing to spend what it takes for power, which is cool.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
thanks. Saw a thread on the mk6 lsd working for the manual mk7. Will kick it around.

tire wise, autox classing keeps me in 205 or less. at least for events. running that way keeps tire costs down, a lot.

obviously some of you are willing to spend what it takes for power, which is cool.

Why 205 or less. Stock sizes? The 17" wheels came with 225/45 stock

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Glad it was caught in time. One of the guys on our Facebook group just lost everything in a fire. Some things can't be replaced

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Why 205 or less. Stock sizes? The 17" wheels came with 225/45 stock
if our club were scca rules (it's not) then since i own an S, I'd be limited to 6" wheel width and no larger wheel diameter than 16 to remain in Stock classing. The Golf / GSW S is screwed here, which I didn't anticipate.

in our club's case, we have more relaxed stock rules and have "tire restricted classes". Our lowest stock class limits width at 195 and our lowest mod class (where I would be with a tune) limits at 205 . These classes are extremely competitive as they're congested with lighter cars such as miata and some amazing momentum cars that really take advantage of f=ma. It's a fun place to compete and I stand a better chance there + cheapo tire costs in those sizes.

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Glad it was caught in time. One of the guys on our Facebook group just lost everything in a fire. Some things can't be replaced

Nothing of value lost. The very few things that were lost are replaceable. Mostly just some home repairs and paint. Just a pain in the ass dealing with the insurance company and scheduling the repairs. We were home so we caught it right away and no one was hurt. It sucks but it is not a show stopper.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Not too shabby
(Not me obviously)