GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Muffler Delete in progress

anjoVW

Ready to race!
Pulled trigger on some tips and am now waiting on my car to be finished. Will upload a YouTube clip this weekend

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
I love mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
interesting... mine drones right there... at 1700-1900?

anjoVW

Ready to race!
interesting... mine drones right there... at 1700-1900?

Do you have a resonator delete too or just the muffler? I don't experience drones that much in mine which is odd. Even at highway speeds it's quiet

anjoVW

Ready to race!
Question I can't find a shop near me to do a muffler delete.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What specific reason? I live in Texas and people get delete quite often, it's just a matter of some shops allowing both full muffler and resonator delete, vs what I did which was just a muffler.

MayTag1882

Passed Driver's Ed
What specific reason? I live in Texas and people get delete quite often, it's just a matter of some shops allowing both full muffler and resonator delete, vs what I did which was just a muffler.
One said straight up they don't do it and another went on a rant on how it's illegal and just asking was stupid.. It was absurd.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
It's not illegal at all. Removing emissions equipment (the cat) is illegal, but personally I'd rather run a catted DP anyway just to keep the smell down. Catless smells terrible.

And like I said above, I'm local and build exhausts and muffler deletes if you're genuinely interested

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Do you have a resonator delete too or just the muffler? I don't experience drones that much in mine which is odd. Even at highway speeds it's quiet

res delete, magnaflow muffler, center exit. drone increased upon switching to center exit...

anjoVW

Ready to race!
res delete, magnaflow muffler, center exit. drone increased upon switching to center exit...

Oh okay that makes sense then. I've read a lot that resonator deletes will cause drone, so I opted for the muffler delete. If I modified my resonator I was planning on trying to get an aftermarket one installed instead.