GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Loyalty Bonus 2017

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
After losing the $1,000 Loyalty Incentive, my Dealer helpfully suggested that if I financed with VW Credit at 2.90%, they'd be able to chop $500 from the price. VW Credit's terms clearly state that there's no prepayment penalty; I paid off the entire loan two weeks later when my account information was mailed.

I'm guessing that VW Credit somehow rewards Dealerships with cash. A 0.9% rate loan served up a much smaller price reduction.

I must say that my brief acquaintance with VW Credit was excellent. Their Terms are well written and their website is well engineered.

MEM GTI

Ready to race!
I got a $500 discount for joining USA cycling as a membership deal they have with VW. My dealer also gave me a discount code for the membership, so i think it only cost me $25 instead of the $50. Something to look into, if you haven't already. Plus, you know, you get a free T-shirt, so there's always that...

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks MEM GTI. I'd forgotten about the "affinity" programs such as you were able to take advantage of. I think Subaru has a number of these as well.

OldEvo

After losing the $1,000 Loyalty Incentive, my Dealer helpfully suggested that if I financed with VW Credit at 2.90%, they'd be able to chop $500 from the price. VW Credit's terms clearly state that there's no prepayment penalty; I paid off the entire loan two weeks later when my account information was mailed.

I'm guessing that VW Credit somehow rewards Dealerships with cash. A 0.9% rate loan served up a much smaller price reduction.

I must say that my brief acquaintance with VW Credit was excellent. Their Terms are well written and their website is well engineered.

I took the VW Credit financing to get the incentive, which is cash back to the dealer from VW. The F&I guy asked that I make at least 4 payments before paying off the loan as VW will claw back the incentive if the loan is paid off earlier. Anyone know if that is true? I am not inclined to give VW Credit that much money in interest.

MEM GTI

Ready to race!
I took the VW Credit financing to get the incentive, which is cash back to the dealer from VW. The F&I guy asked that I make at least 4 payments before paying off the loan as VW will claw back the incentive if the loan is paid off earlier. Anyone know if that is true? I am not inclined to give VW Credit that much money in interest.

I was asked to do the same. Was buying wife a car shortly after that so I didn't mind keeping a little more cash in hand. Paid it off shortly after that. It didn't seem like there was any way they could enforce it, but in the circumstance I think I waited and an extra month to finish paying car off as a favor to my sales guy because he clued me into a couple of ways to save money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Neither my Salesguy nor the Credit Manager suggested that I delay the payoff to VW Credit. In fact, the Credit Mgr. told me that interest is charged from the first day forward and that I should jump on the payoff as soon as the paperwork arrived in my mail, which took about a week. The payoff transaction was smooth and clear all the way. I'm very impressed with VW Credit.

OldEvo

Yep, clock started ticking before I even drove the car off the lot. It's costing me a little over $2 a day. I think I will also pay it off as soon as the paperwork arrives.