GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ashiun

Ready to race!
I always see MK7s hanging with n54s but I always feel like if I ran into one in the wild I'd have some trouble keeping up, if only because I'd be spinning quite a bit. But then again I JUST went FBO and am still working on my JB4 map 6, so we'll see.

Actually I'm not sure what to make of the N54s. I always see contradicting videos where one would hang with a MK7, one would fall slightly behind, and a couple would smoke a MK7 as if it were a civic.

Last edited:

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Is the GTI running a CTS or Forge FMIC? nice run!

digilio86

Ready to race!
Tune is everything for our cars. If you want full potential you either need to get a custom tune or stack a flash tune and a piggyback.

This, every mk7 isn't the same weight and power. Never thought I'd gain as much acceleration as I did stacking with meth. [emoji577]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Fbo e85 135? I know pump gas n54/55 cars will easily make 360-370 whp, think e85 and or meth pushes them into 400 whp territory. Impressive.

What is yout peak psi you are seeing on 5150 tune Ian?

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Tune is everything for our cars.

Same with the N54s. I've seen FBO, race gas, JB4 135is that trap 109 on kill, and FBO 335is that trap close to 120 on their daily pump and meth tune.

They can be fast, but I wouldn't hesitate to pick fights with them in a strong running MK7.

exentix

Passed Driver's Ed
My buddy has a 135i with catless downpipes, charge pipe, fmic, and an ots map. On my 3rd revision of my 5150 tune he put maybe 2-3 lengths on me. Revision e and my clutch is slipping. Im fairly certain we would be damn close right now. My car is 100% stock. I feel that mod for mod I would pull him slightly depending on what tuner he goes with.

APR1

Ready to race!
Stock as in no hard parts. Just a tune. Figured that was easy enough to decipher lol. Guess not.

yeah i got that, just a little confused on how "i'm tuned" and "i'm 100% stock" can be used in the same sentence.

exentix

Passed Driver's Ed
Its silly, for sure. The fact that these things make 300 or damn near in stock form and are geared pretty tall, they're just so quick. My goal was to be faster than my fbo speed3 with no hard parts. Pretty sure the gti would embarrass it

Tico63

Ready to race!
Oooo :)

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Would the results be similar with other larger n54's/n55's? 3/5/6 series?