GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Just did the math, for the 2k price tag I'll go with a trued 700, RemAge barrel, and MDT chassis....and still have 5 bills left over for a nice vortex to go on top.
That's not bad, what chambering? Vortex is a must.

That Savage Stealth is on the street for about $1400-1500. Another 5 bills and boom, Vortex as well. I fear I'd act childish and get it in .338 Lapua, because super magnum.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
What's the goal?

300WM is a badass round (if you load it with very heavy, high BC bullets) but also has some serious drawbacks.
Long range steel smacking(emphasis on smacking). That's about it. Possibly wild boar. Why not right?

I already have .300WM around, and I like the round a lot. Powerful, yet manageable. If I got a dedicated precision rifle i'd start loading myself also, been saving brass for years of all sorts.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
my phone 998.jpg

The new AKM, and the new rail I got for it. Light is meant for my handgun I was just messing around. Rail fits nicely no pics mounted yet.

Attachments

• my phone 980.jpg
    my phone 980.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 231

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
not outside possibility, although the extra smithing for the bolt face/extractor/etc would add to the budget.

i'll be sticking with .260 ;)
.600 Nitro is obviously a ridiculous thing to chamber a bolt gun in haha. To think guys have converted Ruger No.1s over to .600, .500 Lott, and .700 Nitro. Crazy... *it's not a bolt gun but still*

Is that .260 in the 6.5 Creedmoor department?

Last edited:

armedferret

Ready to race!
.600 Nitro is obviously a ridiculous thing to chamber a bolt gun in haha. To think guys have converted Ruger No.1s over to .600, .500 Lott, and .700 Nitro. Crazy... *it's not a bolt gun but still*

Is that .260 in the 6.5 Creedmoor department?

It's a .264 diameter projectile yes. The fanbois have their little bandwagons for each round. .260 is simply easier to find out and about, and if i end up in, say, Alberta where a pard has access to hundreds of thousands of acres of private land that has literally 6 people who hunt it, a .260 may just be exactly what the socialized medicine was willing to pay for, eh. ;)

Hoon

Autocross Champion
260 Rem and 6.5 Creed are about identical ballistically.

I went with 6.5 because it's more supported at present.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
TFB TV posted a video of their picks for Top Five Cartridges. I only agreed with a few, and have come up with my top five myself.

Theirs:
.22LR
.300 Blackout
9mm
12ga

Mine:
.22LR(no need to explain this one I hope)
7.62x54R(my equivalent to .22LR growing up)
.357 Magnum (enough to drop a deer yet my grandmother can handle the recoil)
9mm(just gets shit done, cheaply)
7.92x57 (Mauser my first surplus round, manageable recoil, and easy to find still.)

Curious what you guys like most?

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
TFB TV posted a video of their picks for Top Five Cartridges. I only agreed with a few, and have come up with my top five myself.

Theirs:
.22LR
.300 Blackout
9mm
12ga

Mine:
.22LR(no need to explain this one I hope)
7.62x54R(my equivalent to .22LR growing up)
.357 Magnum (enough to drop a deer yet my grandmother can handle the recoil)
9mm(just gets shit done, cheaply)
7.92x57 (Mauser my first surplus round, manageable recoil, and easy to find still.)

Curious what you guys like most?

Nice list. I don't own many guns since I tend to build them specifically for competition purposes, so I only have exposure to a few calibers.

- 22LR (smallbore silhouette)
- 7mm-08 (high power silhouette)
- .223 (F-class - specifically F-TR)
- 9mm (home defense)
- 12 gauge (sporting clays)

.260 is starting to become the new standard for high power silhouette, I feel. Seems pretty popular.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Nice list. I don't own many guns since I tend to build them specifically for competition purposes, so I only have exposure to a few calibers.

- 22LR (smallbore silhouette)
- 7mm-08 (high power silhouette)
- .223 (F-class - specifically F-TR)
- 9mm (home defense)
- 12 gauge (sporting clays)

.260 is starting to become the new standard for high power silhouette, I feel. Seems pretty popular.
Nice, I am familiar with all but the 7mm-08. I will have to look into the high power silhouette, that sounds like a bus I would love to ride myself. Also, that ".260" has been coming up more and more the past couple weeks.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Nice, I am familiar with all but the 7mm-08. I will have to look into the high power silhouette, that sounds like a bus I would love to ride myself. Also, that ".260" has been coming up more and more the past couple weeks.

Shooting out to 500m off-hand is a nice challenge. I'm really bad at it, but it's a lot of fun haha.