GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS JB4 R specific thread

kungfudill

Ready to race!
Just finished the first 30 miles of my JB4 Map1. My thoughts, for any interested:

The first few minutes was all in "Drive" mode, allowing everything to warm up and all my warnings to reset. Once the car was warm, I started pushing it just a little, still in Drive. My first thoughts were that the sound of the turbo was much louder, but I was like, "Hmmm.. I expected more power." So, I switched over to the paddles.

Now I'm on some backroads close to my house, and I opened up in second gear around 3k, the turbo is spooling super loud and before I know it I'm going 75. Three things happened:
1) A grin escaped that I couldn't contain.
2) My heart rate increased an easy 20 beats.
3) I thought "Shit, who needs more power than this??"

Long story short, I am Super pleased with the JB4 so far, and I've just experienced Map 1. I probably won't even try Map 2 for a while (I'm playing the long game--this is my daily driver, and I like the idea of looking at more "upgrades" over a few years rather than all at once).

To George, you guys have an awesome product, thanks for your quick responses to my emails. And to everyone else, I am one more guy on the JB4 bandwagon. Get one, it's awesome.

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Satisfying result of an friend's car S3 Sedan in Brazil. Car has JB4 Map6/IC Wagner/Downpipe Catless/Injen Intake.

blahblah

How is the JB4 at very high altitude?

I had a JB1 on my R for a year an loved it, I miss it. I sold the JB1 when I moved to Mexico City from Socal and tried to sell my 2016 R, I have decided to bring my R to Mexico City. The main drive I do, 1-3 times a week, is from Mexico City to Tepoztlan. From 7500 ft up to over 10,000 ft then down to 6,000. I drive the car quite hard and don't want to worry about blowing the turbo. Will a JB4 help produce any more power or torque than stock at these altitudes? Will a downpipe help? Can the JB4 work with a larger turbo?

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
How is the JB4 at very high altitude?

I had a JB1 on my R for a year an loved it, I miss it. I sold the JB1 when I moved to Mexico City from Socal and tried to sell my 2016 R, I have decided to bring my R to Mexico City. The main drive I do, 1-3 times a week, is from Mexico City to Tepoztlan. From 7500 ft up to over 10,000 ft then down to 6,000. I drive the car quite hard and don't want to worry about blowing the turbo. Will a JB4 help produce any more power or torque than stock at these altitudes? Will a downpipe help? Can the JB4 work with a larger turbo?

It is fine. we developed the unit at 5600ft. If you going to use map 6 we just need to keep a eye at peak boost from 6000 and up.
At your altitude torque will be similar to coast and maybe around 10whp down at high rpm vs the coast.
On the R the JB4 cannot provide sufficient fueling for a big turbo.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Some nice results by Bradley on this full weight DSG R running a E25 mix with a full weight car on all seasons. Tires pressures where dropped which affected the exits drastically.

Mods:
BMS JB4
BMS Meth kit
IE Carbon Intake
Leyo Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit
Leyo Motorsport Turbo Muffler Delete
Leyo Motorsport Turbo Inlet
Forge Intercooler
Forge Turbo Blanklet
Milltek Catless Turboback - Non Resonated/Non Valved

Slip:

Log: