GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upcoming VTT Stock Location Turbo Upgrade Information / Intital Stock Flash Testing

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
So w/this turbo we should be able to use w/e DP we have installed already right? I think I'm gonna stick w/the IS20 and Ed tune until I can grab this turbo :)

VWTURBOFAM

Ready to race!
Just grab a Cobb AP and get it remote tuned by 5150 (Jon). Easy peasy. I bet his OTS IS38 E30 tune will put out some decent numbers as is.

Edit: missed what you just wrote but to pass time you can still go with Jon for now. LOL.

Quick question..Jon can remove the speedlimiter too?

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Let's gets some updates on this puppy!

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Sounds amazing - let's hear updates!

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Holy cow, this thing will be a highway MONSTER when it's dialed in :eek::D:cool:

In for more info. BTW I LOVE how flat that torque curve is! You could eat off of that flat table from ~3200-5500rpm. That to me is the most impressive thing I can see here.

Now please correct me if I'm reading wrong here but are you running the factory OEM tune for this setup with just a JB4?

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
VTT Update UM Tuning

So 481WHP/436WTQ is where we stopped due to running out of fuel pump. The turbo is NOT maxed here, as you can see power is going up. Jeff is confident we can see 550WHP out of this unit with a twin pump set up, and a 4 bar map sensor which we will be adding to the car soon. Anyone ever see 3 graphs so close to each other? That is how good these guys are, this car is the most consistent thing we have seen in a while!

Jeff told Fred, this is by far the best "hybrid" style turbo he has tuned, and it isn't even close. Thi power was achieved at only 40% WGDC, the turbo was starting to stretch its legs.

You will notice the TQ is down a bit on the bottom end, this is by design, TQ was ramped in a little slower to preserve the stock motor. 425ish is the TQ limit of the stock block so we are kissing it, we are going to shoot for more WHP while leaving Tq in that area. Honestly driving the car after the dyno with the UM trans flash, and new power curve, the car feels MORE responsive down low than with the stock flash, and JB4. The car is an absolute beast. We will put some miles on it, get more fuel in it, and to the track very soon.

All I can say about UM is, Top Notch guys, showed nothing but class this entire trip, we had some mechanical hiccups testing some beta parts, and never once did they get frustrated, we all worked together to get the car fixed, and dialed in. I could not be happier with working with them!

The price point we are shooting for on this turbo will be $1700-$2000, with an intro price in the $1500 area. We hope to have them around the new year. We will continue to beat on this test unit until then, but so far we could not be happier!

Mods are as follows
2017 GTI PP
VTT Cast Stage 2 Turbo (test unit)
UM custom E85 flash
UM DSG flash
PFS Single Walbro 450 LPFP upgrade
PR Port Injection kit (beta)
ATP downpipe
IE intercooler
ECS Charge pipe kit (hot / Cold) With custom BOV added
ECS cold air intake
Flex Fuel sensor (Not wired into the DME)
E75 in the tank

Attachments

• Um - VTT 480_435.jpg
    Um - VTT 480_435.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 3,725
Last edited:

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Wow. Any idea what you could do on a 93 UM tune and the stock fuel pump? I'm sure those without access to E85 would be interested in that option.