GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MFD Graphics got reset to base golf after service

fliggopolis

I got my oil changed today and noticed when I turned the car back on I realized that all the images on the display were reset to the base golf. Has anyone seen this or know how to fix it? It's not a major problem but it is kind of annoying.

fliggopolis

2016. It was just a Valvoline place so they wouldn't have done any updates - I didn't go to a dealer because I was trying to avoid going back to an APR dealer for a reflash.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
2016. It was just a Valvoline place so they wouldn't have done any updates - I didn't go to a dealer because I was trying to avoid going back to an APR dealer for a reflash.

Reflash for what? Back to stock and then to tune? Won't make any difference. The ECU's on MK7's record every flash, the date, and if VW dealer equipment did the flash. And dealer scan tools read it. No saving a drivetrain warranty anymore with any flash tune.

fliggopolis

Just thought a having it tuned would be more obvious than a flash counter being different, but I really don't have any idea how that stuff works. The dealership I bought from is an APR dealer, though the tune wasn't through them so maybe I'll be lucky if I have to bring it in

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Valvoline place? That's scary. Unrelated to your question but what oil did they use?

NCM

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Valvoline place? That's scary. Unrelated to your question but what oil did they use?

No sh!t...

The Golf has a plastic oil filter housing that requires care and familiarity. We also have a plastic oil pan with an unconventional quarter-turn drain plug that requires even more care and familiarity. The R should be using synthetic oil that meets VW's 502 spec.

@OP: If you don't want to take it to the dealer (APR tune issue) and you aren't in a position to change the oil yourself, then have it done by an independent mechanic who works on VW's. Don't ever — and I mean freaking NEVER! — take it to the oil change monkeys at some quickie lube place. That's where you go with a 300K miles Econoline when the price of the oil and filter would double the van's value.

Neil