GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TIE Fighter - 2016 GTI SE 6MT

Tatanko

Ready to race!
Very cool build! Do you by any chance have the part number for those tailights? I've been meaning to do it on mine as well.
Thanks! I don't have a part #, but I'm sure it has to be available somewhere on the forum. These were a second-hand purchase from another member here who happens to own a Euro-spec GTE.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Getting new tires put on it today at just over 21,000 miles. The factory Dunlop's are completely toast (particular the 2 currently on the rear) and actually allowed a bit of sliding in heavy rain the other day.

They are being replaced by Kumho Ecsta 4X II's, which are a tire I've had on two previous cars and really like. I don't have the space to keep a spare set of wheels & tires unfortunately, so I have to choose all-seasons that are as far into the dry performance end of the spectrum as possible while not completely compromising daily livability.

All 4 neatly fit inside the car when I dropped it off this morning, too!

These are the tires I was going to go with. Unfortunately my impatience took over and just got Falken they had in stock.

Love to hear how they are on the GTI.

Tatanko

Ready to race!
These are the tires I was going to go with. Unfortunately my impatience took over and just got Falken they had in stock.

Love to hear how they are on the GTI.
They've been great so far after a couple hundred miles. Much more grip on dry pavement, roughly the same level of comfort, and maybe slightly less road noise. Really no negative in comparison to the factory Dunlops I had.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Cool recognizes cool, apparently. Twice yesterday I parked my car somewhere and returned to find an interesting car parked next to it. In the morning it was this black Focus ST (it had Recaros!) and in the evening it was this C1 Corvette.

This is random, but is that the Penn State IST building parking lot?

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
The MK7 front end looks severely lacking next to an ST. It’s probably my one gripe w these cars. Needs a meaner front end maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Thanks! I don't have a part #, but I'm sure it has to be available somewhere on the forum. These were a second-hand purchase from another member here who happens to own a Euro-spec GTE.

Ok thanks ill be on the lookout then

RRocket

Passed Driver's Ed
The MK7 front end looks severely lacking next to an ST. It’s probably my one gripe w these cars. Needs a meaner front end maybe

I actually prefer the simple front end on the mk7. Looks really euro and will age better than the ST