GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAPerformance Stage 1 tune

mntnrcr

so I ust switched from the OTS Cobb stage 1 tune to the MAPerformance stage 1 tune (both 93 octane variants).

Night and Day difference between the two tunes! The MAPerformance tunes pulls much harder in the mid/top-end range. Anecdotally as well, you can here the turbo/diverter much more with the MAPerformance tune .

Question though: Using the AP to monitor everything, I noticed I am getting between -3 & -6 knock retard across the board. Should i be concerned? :confused: This seems like a lot, no?

mntnrcr

Should also mention, I saw no knock retard under hard acceleration (at least for as long as I could watch under hard acceleration haha).

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Should also mention, I saw no knock retard under hard acceleration (at least for as long as I could watch under hard acceleration haha).

Anything above -3 would catch my attention. -6 consistently would scare me to the point of not using the tune for an extended period.

mntnrcr

I think my next step is to flash back to stock and see if it changes in any way. I plan to do that this afternoon, once I do ill update the thread here with what I find

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
I think my next step is to flash back to stock and see if it changes in any way. I plan to do that this afternoon, once I do ill update the thread here with what I find

You can always do a log of the MAP Tune.

We can always help you take a look at it if you dump it into Datazap.me.

mntnrcr

That would be very much appreciated! Ill do two logs, one of the stock map and one of the MAP stage 1 map for comparison sake

mntnrcr

You can always do a log of the MAP Tune.

We can always help you take a look at it if you dump it into Datazap.me.

Hows this look?

Attachments

• datazap-chart(1).jpg
    datazap-chart(1).jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,112

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Email ipeterson @ mapperformance.com (he should have sent you the tune) and make sure you have the latest revision.

I remember seeing a minor amount of knock on one cylinder, nothing like this.

mntnrcr

This is tune version 2.2. This is also after only 15 miles or so. no other mods, 93 octane fuel

Edit: Tune version 2.2 is the newest and was sent to me/installed same day this log was taken

Last edited:

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
The only thing I see that could potentially cause that is IAT's due to stock IC. But either way dont run this, your car does not like this tune one bit. The fact that the timing pull increasees over the RPM range and not decrease is scary as fuck.

mntnrcr

Yea, ive read before that people get knock with these tunes, but this seems extreme...Especially for an "Off the Shelf Stage 1 tune" on a bone stock car. It honestly looks like this tune is waaaay too aggressive for a bone stock car

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Suggestion if you don't want to remove the tune completely, try loading the 91 octane tune.