GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Introducing: The AWE Tuning Mk7 GTI Exhaust Suite

Josh/AWE

Unlocking Performance
Nothing like a fresh Track Edition Exhaust.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Does anyone have AWE Touring exhaust with AWE downpipe setup on a MK7 GTI in Michigan or nearby area.

kDizz781

Ready to race!
Does anyone have AWE Touring exhaust with AWE downpipe setup on a MK7 GTI in Michigan or nearby area.

I have my APR downpipe with an AWE touring exhaust, I know it isn't exactly what you are looking for but I can post clips if you are interested

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I have my APR downpipe with an AWE touring exhaust, I know it isn't exactly what you are looking for but I can post clips if you are interested

Thank you. I looked into a lot of videos but still contemplating about the exhaust setup after adding a downpipe. Thats why wanted to check it out personally and decide whether to have Track / Touring set up with downpipe. I don have any issues with loudness but have concerns about drone. Also wanted to check out the difference between Track + stock DP (my current set up) and Touring + Aftermarket DP.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
You got that right!

I had the pleasure of being able to take a tour of AWE's facility yesterday. Let me just say that they have a great reputation for a reason! Top notch quality goes into their exhaust systems. They are also very friendly with great customer service and support!

I personally am converting to the touring edition for the winter so I'll be letting you all know how I like it :)

Josh/AWE

Unlocking Performance
You got that right!

I had the pleasure of being able to take a tour of AWE's facility yesterday. Let me just say that they have a great reputation for a reason! Top notch quality goes into their exhaust systems. They are also very friendly with great customer service and support!

I personally am converting to the touring edition for the winter so I'll be letting you all know how I like it :)

So good meeting you!

kDizz781

Ready to race!
Thank you. I looked into a lot of videos but still contemplating about the exhaust setup after adding a downpipe. Thats why wanted to check it out personally and decide whether to have Track / Touring set up with downpipe. I don have any issues with loudness but have concerns about drone. Also wanted to check out the difference between Track + stock DP (my current set up) and Touring + Aftermarket DP.

So I actually went from a Track catback + stock downpipe, to Touring catback + APR downpipe.

Pros:
  • Basically drone free (AWE isn't lying when they say it is designed to be that way)
  • Nice growl with cold start
  • Much more aggressive at WOT than track catback alone with stock DP
  • Sounds awesome blipping throttle, and lower RPMs
  • Almost stock sound when you want it

Cons
  • Sounds "farty" and WOT (it's a 4 cylinder thing, not AWE's fault). The track catback alone did not sound like this
  • Could be a little louder at cold start

I bought the conversion to touring when I got my APR downpipe, so I never ran the APR downpipe with track catback

blueshirts0819

Ready to race!
Car(s)
So I actually went from a Track catback + stock downpipe, to Touring catback + APR downpipe.

Pros:
  • Basically drone free (AWE isn't lying when they say it is designed to be that way)

Cons
  • Sounds "farty" and WOT (it's a 4 cylinder thing, not AWE's fault). The track catback alone did not sound like this

I bought the conversion to touring when I got my APR downpipe, so I never ran the APR downpipe with track catback

Have been thinking about this setup since my daily commute is about 75 miles per day and with my wife in the car I don't want any droning or very little if any. I have a touring now which is very quiet but really want to get APR downpipe stage 2 in the near future.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

Pros:

Cons

Thank you for the feedback. So would you rate the increase in loudness between Track with Stock DP and Touring with aftermarket DP to be drastic or negligible. I really could not make this from the videos i came across. I am looking to add DP with my Track exhaust only for more loudness and do not have any plan tune in the future.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Hey everyone, I just wanted to give you a quick update on the touring conversion midpipe that I added to the track edition.

As to the first question "why? It's not that loud."
Reason why is that I wanted to calm down the bit of drone between 2500-3200rpm. I felt that it was just a touch too loud for my tastes when I'm just cruising around. Don't get me wrong it was something I could easily tolerate. But I just wanted to turn the volume down a couple of notches.

So here's my take since swapping over to the touring conversion midpipe from the track midpipe with the OEM downpipe.

On my way home from the shop it was a tad too quiet... Close to stock Sound levels but deeper with more roar. Overall sound is great! Volume seems to build up as the revs go up.

Today it seems to have gotten a bit louder and a bit deeper. Volume still builds up nicely. I really like how this is sounding so far. I was thinking about going with track in the warmer months and touring in the winter months. But the way the touring is breaking in I may just leave it as is until I get AWE's downpipe :D

I only have ~70 miles on the exhaust since I had it installed last night so I'll let you all know how things go as the resonator breaks in over the next week or so.

SlyGtiGuy

Hey Josh, quick question, I'm leaning towards upgrading to a unitronic 3" downpipe but absolutely love your track exhaust sounds and all the positive reviews. So question is will it be a direct fit if I were to go with those 2 products? Also have you seen this done anywhere so I could get an idea on how it would sound ?

Josh/AWE

Unlocking Performance
Hey Josh, quick question, I'm leaning towards upgrading to a unitronic 3" downpipe but absolutely love your track exhaust sounds and all the positive reviews. So question is will it be a direct fit if I were to go with those 2 products? Also have you seen this done anywhere so I could get an idea on how it would sound ?

Hi! Our systems come with a reducer to slip into the factory band clamp, and it seems there's does too. We include a 3" adapter with our Performance Downpipes to prevent bottlenecking, can't comment whether they do or not.

Kent1

Hey Josh!

I just had a touring catback installed a week ago and i'm a pretty big fan of it. I've been contemplating getting the track conversion midpipe as it's a tad too quiet.

My question is, I had the exhaust installed by a dealer of yours and if I install the midpipe myself, would it require loosening and straightening the whole system up again?

If so, I may just bring it back to the shop to have it put in.

Also, should I expect the Touring system to get louder after some use? I think i've put in around 100 miles or so on it.

EDIT: Any hints of a holiday sale coming? :)