GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New member joining from Rennlist

translux

Ready to race!
The amount of guys that have had similar car trajectories on their way to the R is very interesting. I may have posted this before but I took a good friend for a ride in my R. He’s what I would consider to be outspoken with his opinions. His car collection of vintage BMW’s and new/vintage Porsche’s is 2nd to none. Prior to the ride in the a R he stepped out of THE R as in 911. Needless to say he loved the R. “What a fantastic car I need one”
Then we went for a ride in his R. Amazing! The sounds it makes when at max RPM is a religious experience. And like most Porsche’s you could drive it everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
If I picked the performance mods I liked enough to think of them as a starter pack—go Stage 1 High Torque with an upgraded clutch (you’ll be fine, imo), VWR or ED lowering springs, rear sway, lca bushings front and rear, PSS/PS4S. Little more go fast, opens up the throttle response, better, much flatter, planted suspension. Then do a CAI, resonated downpipe and Stage 2 High Torque. Now you’re a 3.5-3.7 0-60 mph car that handles great. I’ve done some more to mine, but it’s roughly that blueprint. Had it at the track again Sat before last with BMW CCA (going past most of the stock M cars in my group all day—I don’t think it’s bc I’m an amazing driver. Next day, the thing is full to the gills with cardboard for the recycling center and after that car seat is in to tote our 15-mo old to the zoo.

Love this car and our other cars cost 2X.
ICA bushings, can you elaborate on that bit? What are they and how do they help?

Oh and hi Mike, I'm right over here in Cary.

Edit: Nevermind, LCA, lower control arm. Got it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Last edited: