GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS Flush Kit - Need Help

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
Not sure why wheel spacers cost so much for "name brands". I've used spacers on my VW's since the late 90's and have never paid $200 for them. I got my current spacers (all four with bolts) from eBay for under $100 shipped. No shimmy or vibrations.

This. Ran some on my mkv, now am putting them on the 7

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
I thought the flush kits from ECS caused weird vibrations at certain speeds or something? Was this issue fixed?

I have the flush kit with studs on my 2015 Golf R and I have never had a vibration concern. You have to make sure that you clean off the mating surface on the back side of the wheel and on the rotors first.

Here is what I have exactly: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/ball-seat-stud-conversion-flush-kit/012900ecs02akt/?utm_source=vwvortex&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=chuck_10_13_2017

Let me know if I can help

Chuck

hakwuzhere

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure why wheel spacers cost so much for "name brands". I've used spacers on my VW's since the late 90's and have never paid $200 for them. I got my current spacers (all four with bolts) from eBay for under $100 shipped. No shimmy or vibrations.

I was pricing some spacers off of Ebay and then bolts to match the ECS kit and it came out to something like $160 for piecemeal or $200 for the ECS kit. Im pretty happy with them.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Is there a reason everyone HAS to have the ECS kit, rather than running anything else? IMO, it's a bit overpriced.
I bought Precision European spacers off of Amazon. 20mm spacers and extended bolts for roughly $60. no vibrations but I am getting a little bit of scoring from the wheels on the spacers.

frosty.mk7

Passed Driver's Ed
I thought the flush kits from ECS caused weird vibrations at certain speeds or something? Was this issue fixed?

I ran 15mm/20mm spacers for just over 8k miles at all different types of speeds never once had an issue. I did auto-x, 1/4mi, and daily driving. Finally got the wheels I wanted so I no longer use them for my flush look.

And as I type this I realize this is for the R and have a gti pp so maybe there was something up with the R, but again, never had an issue with mine

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
I've had the standard ECS flush kit on my car for over a year and not one issue with vibrations. Pretty happy with the purchase and it definitely makes the rear look a lot better.

Makitright

Do a Google search on "Ebay Wheel Spacers" horror stories and you may want to invest for some non-Chinese steal versions.

Hatcher

Ready to race!
Please ONLY use these with STOCK wheels. With stock, there are awesome, no issues.

I ended up having to grind some material off my new NEUspeed wheels because of an angled lip that these spacers have, which caused fitment problems, wobbling, noise, etc.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
FYI I'm on DG springs with ECS flush kit and my tires occasionally rub on the freeway. Will have to do fender screw mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
How much do the DG's lower the car? I don't have any rubbing issues with my ED springs and ECS flush kit.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Yeah Im finding it odd since we're only talking about a half inch drop. Maybe my front dampers are wearing out prematurely?? My car only has 15K miles on it with only 3K on the DG springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk