GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 GTI vs 2016 Mustang 5.0

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
I was able to go out again last night with another buddy. He drives a 2016 Mustang GT. He is currently stock with straight pipes. Made a video just for fun.
We did a 50 roll and a 40 roll. Man the mod bug has hit me, I told myself I wouldn't mod my next GTI (I used to drive a mk6 ko4 FBO) what should be next? Intercooler? DSG tune? I'm taking suggestions. I don't plan on upgrading turbo....for now ha!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SXqmuXPrsSw

Last edited:

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Yeah once you hear that cam in the camaro and those fat sticky tires he has in the back, figured the stock mustang miiiight be in trouble lol

digilio86

Ready to race!
40 mph is definitely the best speed to run from.[emoji1360] I don't have good suggestions I went FBO is38 all at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
40 mpg is definitely the best speed to run from. [emoji1360] I don't have good suggestions I went FBO is38 all at once.

I would love to go is38! Haha I saw your video of you beating the coyote. I wish I did have a little more top end.

digilio86

Ready to race!
I would love to go is38! Haha I saw your video of you beating the coyote. I wish I did have a little more top end.

With better tire setup I pull on him immediately. I definitely enjoy my current setup but I wouldn't mind a little more top end too. Is38 still falls on its face up top like stock turbo just not as fast. Upper midrange is truly impressive though in our light weight cars.

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
With better tire setup I pull on him immediately. I definitely enjoy my current setup but I wouldn't mind a little more top end too. Is38 still falls on its face up top like stock turbo just not as fast. Upper midrange is truly impressive though in our light weight cars.

How much did it cost to install the is38 turbo? Or did you install it yourself?

digilio86

Ready to race!
I think a shop would charge around 700 but I'm not sure. It's not cheap all said and done with dsg and Ecu Tune i spent around 3500 I think.

Venumous

Ready to race!
At least in the first video he wasn't 1 second behind on the downshift. 1st video makes sense. What tune?

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
At least in the first video he wasn't 1 second behind on the downshift. 1st video makes sense. What tune?

I have APR stage 2

craigsix

Ready to race!
just traded my 16 gti for a 17 gt mustang auto with 3.55 gears. gti was apr stage2 93 with fbo but the thing just wouldnt 60ft. 2.3 vs 1.8 that my mustang will be doin at the track. im just not into the roll racing scene. btw i have an ecs is38 kit for sale $1025 shipped. paid $1400 but ecs wont give me cash only credit after 90 days.

digilio86

Ready to race!
just traded my 16 gti for a 17 gt mustang auto with 3.55 gears. gti was apr stage2 93 with fbo but the thing just wouldnt 60ft. 2.3 vs 1.8 that my mustang will be doin at the track. im just not into the roll racing scene. btw i have an ecs is38 kit for sale $1025 shipped. paid $1400 but ecs wont give me cash only credit after 90 days.

Can't really blame you those coyotes sound sweat. I hear em all the time right before I gain traction and gap them. [emoji6] 1.8 60 foot is achievable with the right setup on fwd but I get it. Instant throttle response and rwd is a lot of fun.

Last edited:

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Beat one of these yesterday from a roll. We were next to each other coasting towards a red, no one around. Then light changes and we hit it (from about 30mph) quickly pulled ahead and once shifted to third had a couple cars and increasing distance the whole time. He let off shortly after (around 90-100), soundly in my rear view.

My guess is when I come up against these things the drivers shift terrible, bc on paper my stage 1 LO should lose to a GT.

I need to start taking videos. This MK7 punches way above its weight. Kind of hard on the spot to vid when you need to shift.

Last edited: