GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So I bought an Audi...

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Don’t know if I’m happy or pissed. The car is very good cosmetically for the age I’d say. I inspected everything I could before buying. Drove great on the test drive. Halfway home ... clutch stops engaging. Loses pressure. I’m power shifting. I figure out I can bring the clutch back by pumping it up. super weird. Air bubble in the system? The clutch was supposedly replaced A few thousand miles ago. Maybe they didn’t bleed the clutch right. ??

There are a few weird things like one cup holder broke.. glove box is broken which is common from the design I read. It has a light for a temp sensor but the gauges and fans seem to work normally. I figure I might need to do the timing belt kit to be safe. What do you guys think. Paid $2,700 clean title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Fantastic price! I’m sure a bleed will fix that clutch up.

I think you’re right. I just have to figure out how to do that

bboytaktix

Ready to race!
damn you are brave. Wouldn't touch an Audi without warranty lol, albeit one that old! but you're a manual guy like me so I have no doubt you'll learn the ins and outs of the car in no time and be able to maintain its mechanical/electrical gremlins.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Clutch bleed and a tune up and I think you have a good pick up there

damn you are brave. Wouldn't touch an Audi without warranty lol, albeit one that old! but you're a manual guy like me so I have no doubt you'll learn the ins and outs of the car in no time and be able to maintain its mechanical/electrical gremlins.

Yeah the irony is about a month ago I told my little brother, who is looking to buy a used car, to NOT get whatever Audi he was looking at. Kind of hypocritical, I said they’re not reliable enough and could cost a lot in maintenance. All my old German cars have been reliable, but I have spent a lot of time working to make them good and money in parts ... I don’t think he was prepared for that.

The investment was pretty low on the car so I figure with a little bit of work it’s a pretty cool beater and great for going to the snow/mountains. Also I was really excited to get a 6 speed manual, I haven’t owned a manual car in 2-3 years now. It is a fun car to drive, despite a non functioning clutch LOL. Try limping the automatic home .. RIP..

Part of me wants to immediately sell it though. Haha. Kind of a risk for sure.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
good luck on your ride and you might have to sell your golf to fund the maintenance cost of your Audi now.

? 6 spark plugs, all fluids and filters and a few other parts was less than $200. Have you actually priced anything? Even the full timing belt kit with waterpump is like $350 and that’s the biggest maintenance item