GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

iOS 11 keeps rebooting my infotainment system

lostru

Ready to race!
I have the 6S+ and installed a fresh copy. I have had no issues at all with the upgrade. As usual there are random times that I have to hold the power button until I see the VW screen then everything works as it should.

tax guy

Passed Driver's Ed
I just installed iOS 11.0.3 this morning, but with a 2017 Golf R with a software update recently installed by the dealer last July, I have not had any issues with the head unit. My Apple 6S+ has had trouble pairing with my Garmin Forerunner 920XT and my Fitbit Charge 2, requiring almost daily reboots of the Garmin and/or the phone before 11.0.3.

I am hoping for the best with the last version of iOS, and hope Garmin and Fitbit follow up with software updates as well.

noragrets

Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport, blue
My iPhone 6plus has been running better than ever on iOS 11 (now 11.0.3) but CarPlay is now buggy as hell. My problems used to just be with getting Spotify to play when first plugging it in but now I get various glitches from no sound with any app, crashing, not connecting, playing music double speed, and more.

I’m gonna try a new cable first. Don’t know what else to fix it. Car is a 2017 GTI about a month old and super annoying to have these problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Nothing really you can do to fix it. It’s not the cable. All the software compatibility is destroyed by the new software. The bugs are killing me. My iPhone froze today for 3 minutes. Yesterday my work iPhone completely crashed and wouldn’t respond

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Nothing really you can do to fix it. It’s not the cable. All the software compatibility is destroyed by the new software. The bugs are killing me. My iPhone froze today for 3 minutes. Yesterday my work iPhone completely crashed and wouldn’t respond

Nobody I know with an iPhone is having any issues remotely close to this with iOS 11. Have you tried doing a reinstall of the OS as a "new phone" via iTunes? I would definitely give that a shot at this point.

My money is on something non-Apple on your phone is causing your headaches. Some app is misbehaving in the background and not getting along with 11.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
They are up to iOS 11.0.3 already

ohrian

I have an LG Harmony and was having this constant rebooting problem of the head unit. Also, Google play would freeze Android Auto.

MY FIX: Using an Anker 12" cable. Disabled Google Play and replaced with Black Player. Deleted every app I could live without to free up space.

Android Auto now works flawlessly!

ceilouysey

If you can still access iPhone, go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Data and Settings, enter iPhone screen password to confirm the change, but will lose all data on iPhone.
Or Connect iPhone to computer, if can be detected b iTunes or Finder, select Update from the pop window by updating iOS system on iPhone, Restore button will restore iPhone by erasing data and settings on iPhone.
Now it's easier with the repair tool, and without losing data on iPhone after the repair process.