GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FlatSick's TDI Thread

flatsick

Car(s)
Porsche 911
I purchased a lightly used, buy back car last month and since i like to mess around with my cars I wanted to keep a picture / reference / build log for my journey with this car.

Just for some background, This is my 3rd TDI and my 5th VAG car. I don't see myself not owning one for the rest of my days. Here is a listing of my VAG experience thusfar(in chronological):

• (gone)Audi A5 (stage II) - garage queen
  • (gone)MK5 Jetta TDI - daily
  • (current)MK4 TDI Wagon (Manual) - daily
  • 2013 Porsche 911 - garage queen
  • 2015 MK7 Golf TDI - daily

All that said, the purpose of this car is for daily use for economic purposes (mpg, parking, etc). Small road trips but mostly a comfortable commuter car thats somewhat cool. To serve that purpose I'm going to do the following things to maintain some car guy dignity.

• Suspension
  • Exterior Lighting
  • Body Accessories
  • Wheels

Here is the car in stock form, I just couldn't ride at that height and the mudflaps had to go. Thankfully, there was not long term damage done to the finish from the mudflaps:

After Mudflap removal.

All 3 of my babies <3

I was considering several options from a suspension standpoint. I wanted low but not too low and I wanted to maintain some drivability. I landed on the neuspeed sport springs. The drop on the sports vs the race springs are 1.6" (sports) vs 2.5"/2.0". The race springs would have given me reverse rake which to me is unacceptable.

I did the install myself as i have with every car i have owned except the 991. The install was probably the easiest one i have done and took a total of 2.5 hours.

Springs:

I was happy with the result. The ride is amazing, close to stock but connected. There is still some body roll that I'm not too fond of but i don't want to sacrifice quality. I am on the stock dampers for now.Since i couldn't find any good pictures of the springs installed on a non GTI or R, Im hoping these pictures will be a good point of reference for the next MK7 TDI person that wants to go a little further down.

Here are the after Pics:

Last edited: