GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Polishing plastic "B" pillar trim?

BaronGTI68

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm attempting to remove swirls from the black plastic "B" pillar trim. I've had some success with Novus #2 however does anyone here have an alternate favorite?

H15A

The plastic is extremely soft and will mar easily. You can try plast-x but even then I feel like its too much for it. It really depends on what you are polishing it with. Even microfiber can add micro scratches in it. Try one of those cloths for cleaning glasses (unlike microfiber, the strands of thread have no "teeth" to them.

The real nightmare is the instrument gauge cluster. The dealer wiped my interior once and left a bunch of scratches there with their towel. I took the more prominent scratches off, but they were replaced with super fine micro scratches that you can only see with a strong led or direct unfiltered sunlight. Still to this day cannot get all those scratches off.

stillwellm10

Ready to race!
I had my detail guy polish them to correct the swirl marks, and then he applied some clear bra to it. I would of done it myself, but I'm not comfortable working a DA polisher, so I trusted the professionals. :)

armedferret

Ready to race!
I had my detail guy polish them to correct the swirl marks, and then he applied some clear bra to it. I would of done it myself, but I'm not comfortable working a DA polisher, so I trusted the professionals. :)

I thought the same thing, then bought a HF DA polisher (and replaced the backing pad with a known good one; that's the bad part of the HF polishers--the little alignment pin is off-axis). It's actually far easier than I thought it would be, and you have to *REALLY* try to fork up your paint on the first try with it. ;)

Watch some youtubes, get some courage, and have at it. It's quite rewarding.

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
I thought the same thing, then bought a HF DA polisher (and replaced the backing pad with a known good one; that's the bad part of the HF polishers--the little alignment pin is off-axis). It's actually far easier than I thought it would be, and you have to *REALLY* try to fork up your paint on the first try with it. ;)

Watch some youtubes, get some courage, and have at it. It's quite rewarding.

What product did you use to remove the swirls in the B-pillar trim? Also, where can we find clear bra for the trim?