GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Tiptronic gear stick direction

john51

Hi all.

Love the Golf R DSG, but hate the fact that the tiptronic gearstick 'manual' mode is counterintuitive for me (i.e. want to make it push -, pull +).

There has been some discussion on this before on various forums, and I'm not interested in getting into discussion on preference, etc.

Simple request - does anyone have a wiring diagram / pin out for the connector plug from the DSG gearshift to the TCM?

Thanks.

geebob

Ready to race!
Hi all.

Love the Golf R DSG, but hate the fact that the tiptronic gearstick 'manual' mode is counterintuitive for me (i.e. want to make it push -, pull +).

There has been some discussion on this before on various forums, and I'm not interested in getting into discussion on preference, etc.

Simple request - does anyone have a wiring diagram / pin out for the connector plug from the DSG gearshift to the TCM?

Thanks.

Figure it out.

Make kit.

Sell kit.

Retire.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
From this thread: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30903

Doing a little further reading, i suggest this mod be put out as near-impossible for average joes. We don't have a microswitch selector for our gear selector in tiptronic. It utilizes a hall effect sensor to detect direction and motion, and through the board logic figures out if we wanted + or -.

DSG readthrough self-study: http://www.natef.org/NATEF/media/NATEFMedia/VW Files/DSG-SSP.pdf Of particular interest is page 47.As the fed suggested earlier, controlled via canbus in J587 in the drivetrain portion of the CAN.

In short, no easier solution to date. They've had the setup since the mk5 days and people have been asking the same question since then with no firm answers other than "unlikely". I'll change my opinion from earlier to "best left alone and accept"

john51

sprinks,

thanks for this link..really useful.

I think that I can now forget about this idea and just get used to the current set-up.