GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stubborn swirls, scratches.

TheSkeptic

Ready to race!
For the life of me, I'm not having any luck removing some of the deeper swirls and scratches from the previous owner of my '15. I'm using this kit from Amazon for polishing: www.amazon.com/dp/B06XPQ3NR3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_hKeTzbWKVMMH6

It's able to remove the minor swirls, using HD Speed 425, but even after multiple passes it's really not doing much to the more stubborn scratches. I'm afraid to use anything much harsher, as I have little experience with cutting compounds, but what would you recommend for what's shown in the attached pics?

I've gone from the mild (black) through the color spectrum available in the kit above to orange (cutting) pads, for reference.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Billy Baldone1

Ready to race!
Your paint is hard. You need an actual DA polisher. I recommend the Griots Garage 6" it is powerful enough to get you the results you are seeking. And HD speed is an all in one and does a marginal job of removing swirls. I recommend Jescar compound. Go to Autogeek. You should also use microfiber cutting pads. PM me your number I will walk you through it. Also where do you live. Maybe someone can help you locally

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Your paint is hard. You need an actual DA polisher. I recommend the Griots Garage 6" it is powerful enough to get you the results you are seeking. And HD speed is an all in one and does a marginal job of removing swirls. I recommend Jescar compound. Go to Autogeek. You should also use microfiber cutting pads. PM me your number I will walk you through it. Also where do you live. Maybe someone can help you locally
Paint on these cars is also thin. Easy 3 rock chips in under 2 months of ownership on my hood.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Need a more aggressive product, VW paint laughs at AIO products.

As mentioned, get a real buffer Griot's is great for the price, and Jescar compound will probably do the trick. I use Jescar on anything German it's expensive but always gets the stubborn ones out.

Meg's 105 isn't bad either and also pretty mean stuff. You will probably have to follow up with your AIO and a finer pad. So set a day aside haha.