GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why do ricers....

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
The US is about 10years behind the UK with the modification scene as they have been and gone just like BOV have. You next will find people hanging small cuddly toys from the tow hook.......cos it's cool.....apparently.:D:D

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
The US is about 10years behind the UK with the modification scene as they have been and gone just like BOV have. You next will find people hanging small cuddly toys from the tow hook.......cos it's cool.....apparently.:D:D

I forgot about those. Lol. So lame

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!

I think the cuddly toys phase has already passed here. Used to see them years ago and run across one now and then.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Its nothing more than a fashion accessory.

Like the VW guys that put bike racks on the roof of their cars when they don't even ride bikes and cover half of the rear glass with grenade stickers. It's just that they like the look. At least the tow hook doesn't kill your MPG the way a roof rack that gets no use does.

How does one knows when the owner of a VW with roof racks in fact owns a bike or not, is the individual required to take off the racks every time is done with the bike thing?

I get the point but unless you know the person is impossible to know if they use it or not.

I use my roof racks once or twice a month so 90% of the time they are left unused on my car, there is no way that I'll take them off every time so just not be judged by others.

Now if you see ski holders in Florida in July [emoji4][emoji4][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
How does one knows when the owner of a VW with roof racks in fact owns a bike or not, is the individual required to take off the racks every time is done with the bike thing?

I get the point but unless you know the person is impossible to know if they use it or not.

I use my roof racks once or twice a month so 90% of the time they are left unused on my car, there is no way that I'll take them off every time so just not be judged by others.

Now if you see ski holders in Florida in July [emoji4][emoji4][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been around the VW scene for quite some time as well as a person that rides bikes. They have become moreless fashion accessories

I also have a roof rack on my mk6 wagon. I always take my rack off when not in use. I'll lose about 4-6mpg. If I'm riding alone...I'll usually just put the bike in the back.

I got a hitch rack on my mk7. Better gas mileage and easier to remove.

;)

Leaving it on day in and day out really trashes the rack too.

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I've been around the VW scene for quite some time as well as a person that rides bikes. They have become moreless fashion accessories

I wouldn't save they've "become", roof racks on Volkswagens has been a common accessory since the aircooled days.

I personally think my rack looks good so I'll run it bare a lot. Today it has kayak J hooks on it since I used them last weekend and plan to go again Thursday morning. I also have a Thule Force L roof box for vacation

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Might want one of those hitch racks ... time will tell. Definitely a lot less likely to kill the paint like the clip in Type mount I have

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I file the tow hook thing into the same spot as people who have tow hook plate relocators or put their front plate on the dash.

My co-worker, well into his 50's, has a G35 with an obviously previously wrecked and poorly repaired bumper cover, and it has the plate holes in it. He insists to keep his plate on the dash, I offered to give him some plate screws but he prefers plate on dash. Looks ricer to me!

You won't see these on their hooks. https://bullsballs.com/