GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Test Drove the MK7 GTI today (Pictures Inside)

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
so i test drove the MK7 GTI (not performance pack) in Dubai today. And I have to say; It definitely deserves the GTI badge, loved everything about it. The way it drives is just something else, you'd have to drive one to understand. It is very smooth yet very sporty. there is not much exhaust noise in the cabin. I had to open the windows to hear the amazing sound this engine/DSG combo makes. I dont know how but the exhaust note on this 2.0T sounds really different from the mk5/mk6 and i love it. the interior quality is top notch and although i always was against the idea of having Full leather on a GTI; after driving and seeing this car i changed my mind. I guess it's the red stitching that did the trick.

enough talking, enjoy the pictures and sorry i forgot to picture the interior

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
Awesome!! You are one lucky man Kindi. I won't rush to drive one, you getting it soon so ... :D

Go Kart Champion
Awesome!! You are one lucky man Kindi. I won't rush to drive one, you getting it soon so ... :D

haha yeah. ill let you drive it

if i get to drive your K04 :D

jimble1

Ready to race!
Great pictures Kindi thanks! Very similar spec to what i've ordered except the Performance pack and cloth, your pictures are helping with the wait!

Go Kart Champion
Great pictures Kindi thanks! Very similar spec to what i've ordered except the Performance pack and cloth, your pictures are helping with the wait!

Thanks.

When are you guys in the UK getting your GTIs, they will start delivering in july in the middle east. I've been itching for months now waiting for mine :D

gtiw7

Ready to race!
ohhh you are so lucky, I would fly to dubai if I didn't have exams LOL

there is not much exhaust noise in the cabin. I had to open the windows to hear the amazing sound this engine/DSG combo makes.

that has been the case with all GTIs, maybe you felt it because your current GTI is fitted with an exhaust?

Go Kart Champion
ohhh you are so lucky, I would fly to dubai if I didn't have exams LOL

that has been the case with all GTIs, maybe you felt it because your current GTI is fitted with an exhaust?

Lol, you're right about the exhaust thingy, might be I'm used to a louder sound.... Not sure about all the features I didn't have much time so all I focused on was driving

gtiw7

Ready to race!
Not sure about all the features I didn't have much time so all I focused on was driving
will take that as "No" as (auto starts-stop) shuts down the engine whenever you come to full stop, I'm quite sure you would've noticed that lol :p

let's just hope we get DCC as people are saying good things about it!

Go Kart Champion
I kind of felt the the car shut down the first time I braked to a full stop. I asked the salesman and he had no idea. And then I thought maybe its there but seamless? but from what I read here its pretty noticeable. ...I don't know honestly :D

gtiw7

Ready to race!
from what I've expereinced in a BMW it was VERY seamless (the 2.0t engine it has is so silent that it's not noticable)...but in a sports car such as GTI I would expect it to be noticeable (ignition noise)

forget about salesman! "most" of them don't actually understand what's happening under the skin of the car, they just memorise some tempting sentences to make a deal with you

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
the car only goes into stop mode when you sit for a couple of seconds with the car in neutral and the clutch pedal out. it doesn't just stop when you pull up at a junction.

jimble1

Ready to race!
Thanks.

When are you guys in the UK getting your GTIs, they will start delivering in july in the middle east. I've been itching for months now waiting for mine :D

The deliveries are just starting in Ireland but it's looking like mid-end of July before we'll see a customer car in England, i ordered the end of march and currently have a provisional build week of 39 due to spec, it may come forward a little so still hoping for a september delivery.