GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuse for Left DRL GTI with lighting package

DSMconvert1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE PP
My car gave me a message today that the left DRL needs to be checked. What is the fuse number / location of the fuse ? Figured I would check before going to the stealership. Thanks

dawooj

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the same warning msg a couple months back. My passenger side LED DRL was out. The control module had to be replaced by the dealer, but it was done under warranty.

Did you notice any moisture inside the headlight housing? I think condensation caused mine to fail.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Condensation inside the headlight and taillight housings is normal for these cars. If your DRL went out, it was likely just part of a bad batch

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

dawooj

Passed Driver's Ed
Condensation inside the headlight and taillight housings is normal for these cars. If your DRL went out, it was likely just part of a bad batch

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

While it's a common enough occurrence, I wouldn't exactly call it normal. It's a result of something in the housing-usually a pinched gasket-forming an improper seal.

When my LED DRL failed, it was on a day with heavy rain. I noticed the side that failed had condensation on the inside of the housing, while the good side did not. It could just be a coincidence, but usually, moisture and electronic parts don't mix well together unless they were designed for it.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
While it's a common enough occurrence, I wouldn't exactly call it normal. It's a result of something in the housing-usually a pinched gasket-forming an improper seal.

When my LED DRL failed, it was on a day with heavy rain. I noticed the side that failed had condensation on the inside of the housing, while the good side did not. It could just be a coincidence, but usually, moisture and electronic parts don't mix well together unless they were designed for it.
It's normal and even stated in the manual. The lights (headlights and tail lights) have small holes in the housing, where even bugs/insects can get inside.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk