GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Winter tires and wheels?

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
I’m running Pirelli Winter Sotto 3’s on my oem wheels. 10mm spacer in the front to clear my brakes and 15mm in the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm running those tires on 18"s and they've been absolutely horrible durability. Every pothole causes them to bubble. Had to replace 3 of them this winter. Next year i'll be going to 17"s with Michelin's lol.

Performance-wise they're amazing though.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
So sourced some different wheel weights and filed a little off them for extra piece of mind and now my BBS Madras wheels clear my brakes. All for $.93 in new wheel weights!

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Looking nice tooly, it's funny we both had MK5's only to both switch out to MK7.5's. I suggest doing certain VAGCOM things like throttle response and disabling "starting vibration reduction".

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Thanks! Were you on golfmk5.com back when you had your mk5? For some reason your name sounds familiar.

I haven't made any VCDS changes yet even though I have a cable. I think the first will be to turn off the soundaktor.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Thanks! Were you on golfmk5.com back when you had your mk5? For some reason your name sounds familiar.

I haven't made any VCDS changes yet even though I have a cable. I think the first will be to turn off the soundaktor.
Yes I was 604GTI on golfmkv, I remember selling you my old H&R Sport springs! I also turned off the soundaktor and did some other things. Enjoy the car!

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Yes I was 604GTI on golfmkv, I remember selling you my old H&R Sport springs! I also turned off the soundaktor and did some other things. Enjoy the car!

That's right! I knew you sounded familiar lol.