GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

When is the REFRESHED 2018 Golf/GTI available stateside?

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
Dark Iron Blue is really more gray than blue. It's dark gray with a hint of blue that can only be detected in sunlight. In low light, it strongly resembles Carbon Steel Gray.

AKF427

Ready to race!
It's gonna be a stupid "crystal ball" question, but here it is....

I live in MA & own a 2dr 6sp 2016 "S" w/ 7K miles. I'm keeping it.

I combed through the 2018 "models" and am confused.

If I wanted the following car, which model---seems to be 3 S, SE, Autobahn would I be getting (want a daily driver w/ a 7 year warranty)

My wants:
-= 4 door Silver DSG
-= The Paid Interior ABSOLUTE MUST
-= DAP
-= Sensors in front rear for parking, etc
-= Xenon Lights
-= Electronic Torque Differential
-= Newest MB head entertainment console/Navigation

Don't want or care about..
-= Moon-roof/sun-roof

Which model GTI hits all of those? The Navigation is not a true need. Is it the SE---with a Sunroof which comes standard (I think)? I'm gonna buy when the car mirrors what I want. Any thought appreciated...don't think I need to go up to an Autobahn. THANKS!

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
From what I've read, SE takes the place of the Sport & SE.
So base SE is pp, lp, cloth, no sunroof.
Leather and sunroof are options. Not sure about DAP

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
It's gonna be a stupid "crystal ball" question, but here it is....

I live in MA & own a 2dr 6sp 2016 "S" w/ 7K miles. I'm keeping it.

I combed through the 2018 "models" and am confused.

If I wanted the following car, which model---seems to be 3 S, SE, Autobahn would I be getting (want a daily driver w/ a 7 year warranty)

My wants:
-= 4 door Silver DSG
-= The Paid Interior ABSOLUTE MUST
-= DAP
-= Sensors in front rear for parking, etc
-= Xenon Lights
-= Electronic Torque Differential
-= Newest MB head entertainment console/Navigation

Don't want or care about..
-= Moon-roof/sun-roof

Which model GTI hits all of those? The Navigation is not a true need. Is it the SE---with a Sunroof which comes standard (I think)? I'm gonna buy when the car mirrors what I want. Any thought appreciated...don't think I need to go up to an Autobahn. THANKS!

Is this for a wife/husband/partner?

Why would anyone get two GTIs?

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn

The 2018 SE does have a sunroof. Only the S lacks it.

AKF427

Ready to race!

Cool. That's close to what I could deduce. From what I could decode the pp is no longer. The lp is an option. Fender only goes Autobahn. Thanks!

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
Cool. That's close to what I could deduce. From what I could decode the pp is no longer. The lp is an option. Fender only goes Autobahn. Thanks!

The features formerly called "performance package" are now integrated into the trim levels. All trims now get the same engine tuning with the 220 hp. The SE and Autobahn trims get the VAQ and performance brakes by default, while the S does not.

I think all trims get full LED lighting, except maybe the S. (The S also doesn't get the larger touchscreen display or the new wheels.)

AKF427

Ready to race!
Is this for a wife/husband/partner?

Me, Myself, and I.

I'm hardly altruistic enough to get a GTI for anybody but myself!!!

Wife has a '17 Q7. It was either rocket telemetry 101 or reading owners manual, I chose to sit on couch & watch TV.

Why would anyone get two GTIs?

Because 3 would be dopey overkill???

I have photo, but I opted for couch/tv versus figuring out how to upload pix's to this site. It shows 6:27PM 42F & Since start 5 miles @ 5mph, 1:08 hours, 11.8mpg (US). That was on 11/28 "Trying to beat traffic to Coach BBALL practice for my kid". Inbound daily @ 9:45AM takes 1 hour to go 12 miles.

Would never ditch my '16 2dr MANUAL!! Yet as a DD, it get's tedious...so why not a 4dr DSG 2018 w/ 7 yr warranty? I'm fortunate enough to be able to pay $$$ in full & house garage has 3 spaces! I'll suffer consequences of reduced right arm strength!!

Flippy

Ready to race!
Woah...Great Falls Green??

Not even Canada has that! Does anyone have pics of it?

Don't kill me if I'm wrong (very well could be) but I found this pic doing a google search and really hope this ends up being the Great Falls Metallic we get in the states.

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
That's oak green not great falls green. Oak green was a Mk2 GTI color. Looks awful on the Mk7. Great Falls Green is likely the same color as Peacock with a different name as it is not available on cars coming from Mexico.

Edit: Turns out you can get it on the E-Golf as well.

Edit 2: Found a great falls green E-Golf, it's definitely peacock green, yay!

Edit 3: Found a better example

Last edited: