GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Video playback on CMS.

Thatcher

Hi guys,

Having an issue wth video playback through the CMS. I have a iPhone 5s connected through MDI cable with green collar. All else is working fine and the video folders are displayed and I can access a folder called "Video(iPod)" through the media setup screen, from here you can select screen and adjust brightness size and format etc etc. However, I cannot seem to get any videos to display! When I search for any videos through the CMS it says "No playable Files" even though I have purchased videos which should be available. When I play them through my phone but connected to the car, I hear Audio but no visual appears. Just wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issues or if anyone knows how to resolve this? Do I have to change the format of the videos or ? Also does anyone know if there's any way of playing non-purchased videos, I.e ones you have recorded on my phone myself? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all

BlueBullet

Ready to race!
I tried with green cable and same issues, tried playing movie recorded on phone and that didn't work either. From what I can gather its red cable or nothing at all.

salmon

Ready to race!
Yes its the red cable that you need - the part number being 000051446M

I believe the dealer supplies the car with a MDI cable (not sure which colour). I hope I can swap the supplied cable with the red one directly from the dealer.

Thatcher

Yes its the red cable that you need - the part number being 000051446M

I believe the dealer supplies the car with a MDI cable (not sure which colour). I hope I can swap the supplied cable with the red one directly from the dealer.

As far as I am aware, the red collared cable is only available for iPhone 4/4s and old generation iPods that use the 30 pin connector. I do not believe that there is a red collared cable available for the iPhone 5s. I have a green collared one for 5s which has the folder option videos, but as of yet I haven't managed to get any to work. Also with the green cable I have managed to access a "screen" option where the videos would be displayed if it was working. I believe the problem in having is that it is not on the correct format for the CMS to recognise the videos where searching through folders on the CMS.

salmon

Ready to race!
Apologies Thatcher you are right surrounding the red collared cable - its certainly made for pre iphone 5 phone/touch devices. I have an old iphone 3gs which I will be utiilising.

On the comments you made, could it be the format size of the MP4 you are trying to play? How about using a program like `any video converter` and see if you can change the output size and re-try. I personally doubt a software update from a dealer would fix this.

If I had the vehicle (still on order) I could at least confirm if the red collar cable plays video using an old iphone/ipod touch device.